Movie Renaming - Removing Broken Links
Hey everyone,

I changed a couple file names and rescanned the library, but now there are multiple instances of the movie in XBMC even though the old ones are linking to files that don't exist. I also had to manually name and update some imporperly scanned movies, so I don't want to delete the library and readd it. Solutions? Thanks!
Have you tried: System/Settings > Videos > Library > Clean library... ?

In the future, if want to rename some movies that are already in the library, remove them from the library first, then rename them and rescan your library to add the renamed items back into the library.
That worked, thank you! As for the renaming, what do you mean by those steps? Because, for example, I have a move called Green Street Hooligans. When I add the movie, it calls it Hooligans, even though IMDB disagrees. I manually rename it by right clicking > edit title, and I call it Green Street Hooligans. Works great. The issue is if I change the file name or move the file, it loads it back in, calls it Hooligans, and then I clean the library and it removes Green Street Hooligans.
From your first post, I thought you renamed/moved a file that was already added to the library. In which case, when you run a library update, it would see the "new" file (since the renamed file and/or its location previously did not exist) and add that to the library. The old library entry is still there, so you basically end up with two library entries for ostensibly the same movie. My suggestion was to first remove the existing entry from the library ("Remove from library" on context menu) before moving/renaming the file. This way, when you run an update, the "new" file is added to the library and there won't be a duplicate entry for the old name/location because you had already removed it.
Oh OK I see what you are saying. Thanks for the advice

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Renaming - Removing Broken Links0