Trying to stream xsplit directly to xbmc using RTMP
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to broadcast my gameplay from xsplit through the local streaming directly into XBMC in the hope that the latency will be low enough to allow me to play games on the tv or stream to my friends.
However i cannot seem to get XBMC to accept the link.
The link i'm getting is: rtmp://192.168.178.10:1935/app&buffer=1&forceObjectEncoding=0
Thanks in advance for all your help.
First, You should try using rtmpdump on your pc to get all the proper parameters for the stream and ensure you can actually dump it to a file
http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/
could you tell me what i'm doing wrong ?
i'm using the following command:

Code:
rtmpdump -r "rtmp://192.168.178.10:1935/app&buffer=1&forceObjectEncoding=0" -o test.mp4
anyone?
I'm guessing this is the error you are seeing?
Code:
SilverBack:~ adecold$ rtmpdump -r "rtmp://192.168.178.10:1935/app&buffer=1&forceObjectEncoding=0" -o test.mp4
RTMPDump 2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
ERROR: You must specify a playpath (--playpath) or url (-r "rtmp://host[:port]/playpath") containing a playpath

Looks like you are missing some more parameters. At least the playpath. Which may simply be "app"?

Since the stream is a local stream, there's little I can do to debug it. You can look at the settings of whatever app is streaming it or try snooping from any app that is actually successfully playing the stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to stream xsplit directly to xbmc using RTMP0