Problem with extrafanart not cycling in background
Hello,

There are some problems getting the backgrounds to correctly cycle through extrafanart folders. For some reason, this seems to be exclusive to the movie folder, and not TV Shows. All artwork downloads are conducted via the artwork downloader script; non-default artwork selections is done via "choose art" in the movie info page. Under viewtype settings -> background customizer, fanart: Extra-Fan art is the selection.

The frustrating part is that it works with properly with approximately 50% of the movie titles. I'll give an example: Dredd and Drive. Image Here you can see that both have identical structure, but Drive will have zero problems finding the extrafanart folder, and cycling through the images, while Dredd will only show the single fanart.jpg.

I've tried deleting everything in the folder that's not the movie and redownloading, I've tried refreshing from both internet and local content, and I've tried removing the film and re-adding it to library, and zero luck. I can't for the life of me figure out why some titles work perfectly, and others are.
I have the same with the latest GIT, extrafanart works for TV but not for Movies, all I get is the default Aeon image
(2013-04-03, 20:49)PogMoThoin Wrote: I have the same with the latest GIT, extrafanart works for TV but not for Movies, all I get is the default Aeon image

But that's not quite the problem I'm having!

As you can see, Drive automatically cycled through three (of the ~20 ish) fan arts in the extrafanart folder, while Dredd will only display a single of the many extra fan art images:

use the repo version.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-04-03, 23:44)phil65 Wrote: use the repo version.

of what? artwork downloader? I definitely got artwork downloader from the repositories.
nox.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-04-04, 00:33)phil65 Wrote: nox.

Yea it looks like I installed them via the .zip, there is no option to uninstall it from within xbmc (the only option within the skin options is change log, all the others are greyed out), and there is no skin.aeon folder in my program files/xbmc/addons folder for me to delete. Any idea how to uninstall it?
(2013-04-04, 08:23)3th0s Wrote:

Yea it looks like I installed them via the .zip, there is no option to uninstall it from within xbmc (the only option within the skin options is change log, all the others are greyed out), and there is no skin.aeon folder in my program files/xbmc/addons folder for me to delete. Any idea how to uninstall it?

Change your skin to confluence, delete the Aeon Nox master folder, reboot and go to addons and install again from the repo
(2013-04-04, 11:29)PogMoThoin Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 08:23)3th0s Wrote:

Change your skin to confluence, delete the Aeon Nox master folder, reboot and go to addons and install again from the repo

Since there wasn't any aeon nox in the program files/xbmc/addons folder (I'm guessing because I originally installed via zip), I went to the users/app data/roaming/xbmc and deleted Nox from there. Downloaded and installed aeon via the repo, and all of my original saved settings are persistent and still has the same original problem.

There has to be another spot where nox and its preferences are being saved, but I can't find it.
(2013-04-04, 18:55)3th0s Wrote: There has to be another spot where nox and its preferences are being saved, but I can't find it.

Try this.
I'm having a similar issue with extrafanart not cycling for Music but it works fine for Movies.

I used the cdART Manager to download the fanart and the folder structure looks correct e.g.

Bloc Party \ extrafanart \ image1.jpg
Bloc Party \ fanart.jpg

I set the audio visualisation to artistfanart but it will only show me fanart.jpg and not the contents of the extrafanart folder. I even deleted the fanart.jpg but it still shows.
Sorry to wake such an old thread but I can't manage to make my fanart cycle in AEON NOX 4.0.
I've custom my main menu quite a bit and if I could I would like not to uninstall Nox and make it work,

I used artwork downloader to download the fanart and they seem to be in the right directory Movies/extrafanart

Is there a place where I should enable them ??
There is an option in Artwork Downloader to "centralize artwork". You could use that to have all tv fanart, and all movie fanart, in another central location. This way you could use a "multi-image" background for movies and get all the extra fanart, for just movies. Same for TV.

Hopefully this is what you mean. Smile
(2013-08-24, 00:45)Vaikin Wrote: There is an option in Artwork Downloader to "centralize artwork". You could use that to have all tv fanart, and all movie fanart, in another central location. This way you could use a "multi-image" background for movies and get all the extra fanart, for just movies. Same for TV.

Hopefully this is what you mean. Smile

That's working Smile it's exactly what I did.

The problem lies within the movie submenu (once I click on movie in the main menu)

I use the showcase option and the background for each movie doesn't cycle
You sure you have that view to use extra fanart? Default is just 'fanart'. Change in view-type options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with extrafanart not cycling in background0