Linux Running library scan standalone
Hi, sorry if this question was already asked. I searched for a few keywords and found nothing. So here is my question:

Is it possible to run a Library Scan (and possibly some other non-GUI-related services) standalone, without the full XBMC running?

Here is my setup, why I'd like to do that: I have a NAS with all my media files on it, running Debian Squeeze (no X installed and also I'm not willing to install any GUI related stuff on it ;-P). XBMC is running on a Raspberry Pi with raspbmc. My idea now was to leave the scanning to the more powerful NAS by storing the library in a MySQL database on it and let raspbmc just read from it.

If there is no such thing yet I would be happy to contribute (if I find some time for it) and implement it myself.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132919

And there might be a few other threads too. It's totally possible, and people have done it on some NAS devices. It's very experimental (and not actually official, technically), but if you like to tinker, it sounds like a pretty slick set up once it's up and running.
Thanks, I will look into this. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running library scan standalone0