Want to switch to Linux ... any IP control options?
I currently have 2 HTPC's running windows. I use a RTI XP8 to send strings over IP to them for remote commands, on the PC's themselves I am running an app called MCE controller which listens on the NIC and emulates keyboard presses. Is there any option like this for HTPC control via IP strings for Linux running XBMC or even OpenElec?

Thanks.
Two methods you can use. You could purchase the XBMC driver for the XP8, or use the two way string driver(which I think you are using) to send JSON-RPC over TCP to XBMC. I just started using the two way string driver to receive commands from my Cinema Experience script in XBMC.
Who sells the RTI XBMC driver and is it a reliable choice when/if XBMC gets updated if the driver development stalls/ends?
(2013-04-08, 00:45)bigzaj Wrote: Who sells the RTI XBMC driver and is it a reliable choice when/if XBMC gets updated if the driver development stalls/ends?

For the driver -> http://mydevice.com.au/index.php?page=sh...&Itemid=18

You can test it for an hour before it disables its self.

I can't answer your question about driver development. I don't think he is going abandon it.. If he does, I'm sure someone will take over..
(2013-04-08, 00:45)bigzaj Wrote: Who sells the RTI XBMC driver and is it a reliable choice when/if XBMC gets updated if the driver development stalls/ends?

I can speak to this. This guy is on top of it. I submitted a question about a feature I couldn't find, and within hours he had integrated the feature, updated the driver, and gotten back to me.

You really can't find that commitment anywhere anymore. You can't rule out flood, brain aneurysm, or retirement - but I'm not worried.

This guy can be trusted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to switch to Linux ... any IP control options?0