Hotplugged keyboard cannot be recognized without X server.
I've posted that bug into Xbian issues tracker but later I've started to understand it's not Xbian problem. The problem is keyboard isn't recognized by running XBMC when it's plugged into USB port. If XBMC is ran over X server then that doesn't happen - I believe X handles hotplug events so XBMC just continue to take keycodes from X as usual. On Xbian (or other distros such as Raspbmc) the X server isn't used therefore keyboard is handled otherwise (directly?) and if I unplug keyboard then plug in it back then it's fatal - XBMC will never get any keyboard events anymore, only way to regain control on XBMC is to kill it and restart - either by remore login (if available) or press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot system. It is very big inconvenience. Unfortunately, I cannot help to fix it, due to two reasons: a) lack of time; b) I don't know how keyboard is handled in the mentioned case.

Should I open bug issue in XBMC bug tracker for this?
I believe this is supported in xbmc master:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2435

It wasn't in Frodo, so won't be in official distributions, but should be eventually (and you could request Xbian pulls in the patch early).
Thank you very much, that commit has fixed the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotplugged keyboard cannot be recognized without X server.0