Prevent sleep when media is paused
Is there a way to get XBMC to prevent the computer from entering sleep mode when it is paused, in the middle of playing media?

It's enraging to be watching a youtube video, pause it, go away for a few minutes and come back to find the computer asleep, needing to turn it back on and start the video again and seek to the point where I had paused it.
There's been a lot of debate about this. Some people liked it one way, then others wanted it the other. I think the idea was that Plasma TV users were afraid that being left on pause would hurt their screens, so being left on pause can allow sleep or screen savers to kick in.

As far as I know, the debate about which mode/default is better is still going on.
By the sounds of things it's not something that'll be resolved soon. What a pity.

An easy, obvious solution would be to simply add a settings option which can be turned on or off. When the user turns it on, a dialog box pops up, warning them of the possible consequences.

But I guess that's already been suggested.
I think what your looking for is increasing the sleep timeout of your pc or disabling altogether until of course XBMC becomes self aware and defeats skynet or joins it.

uNi
What OS are you running? There might be a short term solution that will work for you.
I know its a very old thread but I can not find a solution for exactly the same problem.

Is there a way to prevent the standby mode when a media or a live tv stream is paused?

Windows 8.1
Kodi 16.1
(2016-09-12, 22:14)Keksebacker Wrote: I know its a very old thread but I can not find a solution for exactly the same problem.

Is there a way to prevent the standby mode when a media or a live tv stream is paused?

Windows 8.1
Kodi 16.1

I ended up just turning off the automatic sleep function Sad
@ventolin

I have a solution which works perfectly for me.

In the german community I found the "KODInerds Repository" which includes the service "IDLE actions".

- install the Repo
- install "IDLE actions"
- enable the service
- set your suspend time
- Action type: repeat with timeout
- Action: Suspend

After the configured time your pc goes to sleep if there is no media playing.
If a media is in pause mode nothing happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent sleep when media is paused1