Cannot Import Export or set content
(2013-05-21, 05:34)saitoh183 Wrote: If you start fresh:
Your MySQL is on the same machine as your data and XBMC?

- Installed MySQL 5.5.x
- Install MySQL Workbench (this will allow you to see your MySQL in a GUI rather then use the command line interface)

- in your advancedsettings.xml:
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.102</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>123456789</pass> ----> this is set in MySQL?
</videodatabase>

- In XBMC, set sources (as SMB path), choose your scraper. If movies are in a sub-folder under movies folder, select recursive scan.
Yes, I can take a screen Shot but as you said, it is set up this way:
- In XBMC, set sources (as SMB path), choose your scraper. If movies are in a sub-folder under movies folder, select recursive scan.
They are set as SMB and recursive scan has been selected.
I don't have "workbench" set up- Is this a tool available on my sql?
As for this:
Quote:<pass>123456789</pass> ----> this is set in MySQL?
I'm not sure what you mean- it wasn;t covered in the WIKI

(2013-05-21, 05:41)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 05:34)saitoh183 Wrote: If you start fresh:
Your MySQL is on the same machine as your data and XBMC?

- Installed MySQL 5.5.x
- Install MySQL Workbench (this will allow you to see your MySQL in a GUI rather then use the command line interface)

- in your advancedsettings.xml:
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.102</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>123456789</pass> ----> this is set in MySQL?
</videodatabase>

Yes, I can take a screen Shot but as you said, it is set up this way:
They are set as SMB and recursive scan has been selected.
I don't have "workbench" set up- Is this a tool available on my sql?
As for this:
Quote:<pass>123456789</pass> ----> this is set in MySQL?
I'm not sure what you mean- it wasn;t covered in the WIKI
I assume SMB on the mysql Machine?
I have them set up as local source and SMB on local machine- par for some of my confusion.

Wierd THing is that it keeps happening when I add on Repos or Fusion or when I install Zip Files for them.
I dumped xbmchub thinking that was the problem but it started happening in the interim. At the beginning of the install it worked ok , but then it went to shit.
Not Sure what caused it.
If you say the password is 123456789 then you must have set that in MySQL. If not, then you have to set the the password for xbmc to that in MySQL. So if you followed the MySQL tutorial setup in the wiki and did this

Code:
CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'

Then you have to replace 123456789 by xbmc because IDENTIFIED BY sets the password.

Please post your Sources.xml file.
Workbench is in the 5.5 setup. (mysql-installer-community-5.5.31.0.msi)

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Videos</name>
<path pathversion="1">C:\Users\Public\Videos\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Videos (2)</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MIKEDESKTOP-PC/Users/Public/Videos/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
<source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">C:\Users\Public\Music\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Music (2)</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MIKEDESKTOP-PC/Users/Public/Music/</path>
</source>
</music>
<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
<source>
<name>Downloads</name>
<path pathversion="1">C:\Users\TVandMedia\Downloads\%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Downloads\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>fusion</name>
<path pathversion="1">http://fusion.xbmchub.com/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MIKEDESKTOP-PC/Users/Public/Music/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Videos</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://MIKEDESKTOP-PC/Users/Public/Videos/</path>
</source>
</files>
</sources>

(2013-05-21, 17:18)saitoh183 Wrote: If you say the password is 123456789 then you must have set that in MySQL. If not, then you have to set the the password for xbmc to that in MySQL. So if you followed the MySQL tutorial setup in the wiki and did this

Code:
CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'

Then you have to replace 123456789 by xbmc because IDENTIFIED BY sets the password.

Please post your Sources.xml file.
Workbench is in the 5.5 setup. (mysql-installer-community-5.5.31.0.msi)
Yeah, I set ,pass. as 123456789 when following the mysql wiki
Well from the error log its a password problem...maybe try changing the password and see if it fixes the issue. From everything you have said and shown, i dont know why it wouldnt be working.

(2013-05-21, 20:40)saitoh183 Wrote: Well from the error log its a password problem...maybe try changing the password and see if it fixes the issue. From everything you have said and shown, i dont know why it wouldnt be working.

I just realized something...It is a user account password and not the windows admin account password- would that do it? If so, do I just change the password in my advancedsettings.xml?
The user name and password are MySQL so if you did CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc' then in your advsettings.xml you need to have <pass>xbmc</pass>

The password in advancedsettings.xml is neither.

It is a mysql password, not a windows password.
(2013-05-22, 03:16)Kibje Wrote: The password in advancedsettings.xml is neither.

Hmmm...so where does it come from then?
(2013-05-22, 03:21)xdamageincx Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 03:16)Kibje Wrote: The password in advancedsettings.xml is neither.

what do you mean where does it come from? When you install MySQL, you created a user and password using the command CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'.
In your advancedsettings.xml you have to put the password for the user called xbmc that you created with the command.

(2013-05-22, 03:41)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 03:21)xdamageincx Wrote:

what do you mean where does it come from? When you install MySQL, you created a user and password using the command CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'.
In your advancedsettings.xml you have to put the password for the user called xbmc that you created with the command.
When the WIKI stated: Download a copy of MySQL server from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
Select Standard configuration
"Create a password when asked" - I created a password and it wasn't XBMC.
I am confused.
When I loginto MySQL I use this password- 123456789
Wouldn't this be the same password?
It turns out that changing the password in advancedsettings.xml like you said, populates the movie library on the main menu and the music library when I cscan them in.
I can set content for video now and scrape the videos- there is no option for this in music although it scraped as well and populated the "recently added movies \ music.
I tried to export the files. a task in progress bar shows up on the screen but neither movies nor music show up in the source folder or in appdata /library folder.
It also didn't ask me where I wanted to export to.
AAny Idea where these files go to?
I want to import into machine #2 to complete the process but cannot find the files.
With MySQL you dont need to export in order to import into a new machine. All you need to do is copy your source.xml and advancedsettings.xml and you will see the same content on your second machine. As for the password 123456789 this was probably the password for the root account in MySQL and no the password for the user called xbmc,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Import Export or set content0