XBMC still not honouring MKV default flags on subtitles
Hello,

I am quite a slow upgrader and have recently gone from v10 up to v12.2.

XBMC is still not handling subtitles correctly from mkv. I create quite alot of MKVs myself and I include subtitles for that odd occasion when I can't have TV loud enough. I set the flags default=no and forced=no. XBMC should not play any of these subtitles until I go to subtitle menu and select them.

I am posting here rather feature request or bug report threads as I wonder if there is some black magic option buried is some settings file I can get this behaviour.

Please someone who is more savi with the settings let me know and I'll head off to feature request thread.

Thanks

Crispy
Have you disabled subtitles for all videos - they're enabled by default (why, I don't know - it is a little annoying).

Play a movie, access the OSD Audio settings, disable subtitles and then click on "Set as default for all videos". Now you should only have forced subtitles, or whenever you manually enable them.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thats great. Removed alot of irratation.

Its still not a perfect solution as animes and foreign films I encode I don't set the forced flag only default flag but that can be changed.

Thanks alot.
Give the Language Preference Manager add-on a try. It lets you set up rules for what audio and subtitles should be used under which circumstances. You could configure it so that subtitles are disabled for the languages you speak and enabled for all others, and also lets it pick the right subtitle language.

Link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153783
Looks very promising thank you. Very glad I posted today ^_^

Really that addons content should be part of main xbmc though....
(2013-05-29, 19:23)Crispy2 Wrote: Looks very promising thank you. Very glad I posted today ^_^

Really that addons content should be part of main xbmc though....
No doubt the devlopers look forward to your code patches to do that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Saying "Default=no" just means there is no default track for that MKV. It's not read as "don't use subs" by programs.
(2013-05-30, 00:24)nickr Wrote: No doubt the devlopers look forward to your code patches to do that.

To rephrase this functionality would be a wonderful addition to main branch as many people would not think to look for an addon to do it.
Any time spent from developers working on xbmc is very much appreciated!

As to my code patches the fact that I barely have time to upgrade should be a clue how little time I get to tinker these days. I doubt I'll even have time to use xbmc after a few months as my Mrs is having her first baby.

(2013-05-30, 03:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Saying "Default=no" just means there is no default track for that MKV. It's not read as "don't use subs" by programs.

Certainly this is the behhaviour I've seen using CCCP installed media player home cinema with vobsub etc, also with VLC.
Its not don't use subs. Just don't use track until manually selected as no default set. I have not tested same applies to audio/video tracks.
__

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC still not honouring MKV default flags on subtitles0