Intermittent stuttering issues (Win7 Frodo)
Hi, I just built an HTPC and chucked a bunch of films on it, the important specs are:

AMD A4 APU
MSI FM2 A55M E33
Samsung 250GB HDD 5400

I don't know if these are useful, but I thought I would cover all the corners.

Anyway, my problem is that during video playback (mostly MP4s at 720p and 1080p) there will be a short hang about every 15 or 20 or 30 mins. The audio loops and the frames stutter, and then the video continues to play as normal for the next while before it happens again.

The render method is DXVA and DXVA2 is enabled. Adjust refresh rate is off and everything else is standard as far as I know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Hello Andrew, I was just searching through posts about stuttering playback and video settings and stumbled upon your post. Looks like you have a similar AMD build to mine. Anyway, Im no expert by any means, but just adjusted some settings in my bios per recommendations by DougieFresh. Check in the Hardware For XBMC forum for my post. The bios setting I made REALLY helped out the stuttering and made my system speedy. I know there are probably other settings, but before I adjusted this bios setting I returned my bios setting to default. I still need a few answers before I start tweeking anything again, but this sounds like it might be a good 1st step to solving your problem.

Let me know how it goes, I can try to help you out with what I've learned so far by 'trial and error'.....
Thanks for the reply. I tried loads of different stuff and in the end decided to just use VLC as an external player. Everything runs perfectly on that. Cheers for the help, though. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent stuttering issues (Win7 Frodo)0