Recommendations for rtsp:// Monitoring Needed
Does anyone have a recommendation for an XBMC device with HDMI output that can continuously monitor a local rtsp:// stream over wired Ethernet and not disconnect from the TV if the TV is not actively monitoring the port it is connected to?

I want such a device to monitor an IP camera and be able to switch to its feed if an alarm sounds. This would be a time sensitive application and I do not want to find that the device is no longer connected to the camera and providing video because the HDMI connection to the TV was not being actively used for an extended period of time.

I am currently using a modified Apple TV for that function but it stops monitoring the stream if it is not being actively displayed on the screen.

I considered the G-Box Midnight MX2 but besides being unable to determine if it times out or not, I have now seen two postings that indicates that it does not handle streams very well including one post on Amazon that goes so far as to indicate that it is “too slow to be useable”.

Even though I considered the MX2 I would also prefer Linux based as I have no experience with the Android OS but I have used Slackware for years.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendations for rtsp:// Monitoring Needed0