Win Xbmc set static IP Address
Hello,

I'm using Windows 8 and xbmc 12.1 (aeon mq4 skin)

I have problem with xbmc using a remote app. My computer has a network that give 2 ip4v address one is just my local ip address and the other one it get's from windows a 169.254.x.x (apipa address).
The problem is that xbmc is not using my local ip address but it's taking the 169.254... address and that one is changing everytime the computer reboots. So that meens everytime i have to check that address before i can use my remote app. I've already checked some windows forums to dissable the second windows address but that doesn't seem to work.

Is it possible in xbmc to set a static ip address or let it choose the local ip address instead?

Hope someone can help.

Best regards,
Rein
You'll get a 169.254.x.x address when you've got a network connection that doesn't have a DHCP server.

Do you actually have 2 network adapters, and are both connected to different networks?

If so, can you disable the adapter that isn't connected to a valid network.

If you can't do this (disable the 2nd adapter), then you can try changing the adapter binding order, see here, to put the one that has a valid internal IP address top of the list - this should change the order of how XBMC sees the adapters and detects the IP address.
No it's just one adapter and my network has dhcp running because it gets a proper address. I allready tried a couple of things but haven't tried this one yet.
I'll give it a try, thanks.
If you've only got one adapter, and a DHCP server, I can't see why it's getting an APIPA too. It's one or the other.

You don't have any virtualisation software (VMware, Hyper-V etc) installed, do you? These can create pseudo network adapters.
No i don't have virtual pc running. I've checked the internet and the where some others with the same thing.

i've followed (http://www.itgeared.com/articles/1044-di...ing-apipa/) to turn of the apipa service of windows but that didn't work.
Isn't there a way within xbmc to assigne xbmc to a lan ip address. Or let it choose the first?

Still no luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc set static IP Address0