Playlist management in XBCM
Hi, as I know, Playlist.Id has minimum value = 0, maximum value = 2 coresponding to audio, video and picture playlist.
So, how about creating my own playlist, I mean, I want a playlist contains a subset of audio file.
Is it possible ?
If not, can you suggest any idea about Playlist Management for client? (My client is an android app that communicates with XBCM via JSONRPC)
Thanks!
It's not possible right now because XBMC doesn't support it. XBMC only knows a video playlist and a music playlist (and a list of pictures which can be played as a slideshow).

PS: It's called XBMC not XBCM Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-07-01, 21:26)Montellese Wrote: It's not possible right now because XBMC doesn't support it. XBMC only knows a video playlist and a music playlist (and a list of pictures which can be played as a slideshow).

PS: It's called XBMC not XBCM Wink

Yep, I get it. And XBCM is just a keyboard-typing mistake ^_^
Er, about my need: playlist management, I will store playlists in my own app. And whenever I wanna play any playlist, for instance playlist A, I will remove all song in current XBMC audio playlist and add all song in playlist A to XBMC audio playlist. That's my idea, and I wanna know: is there a way to remove all song in the audio playlist faster and more convenient than removing song-by-song?
Playlist.Clear will remove all items from the playlist at once. As for adding items there's nonother way than doing it one vy one. I haven't had the time yet to look into why it takes so long.
does this help ?:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1454037

clears playlist and adds a playlist in the right order
Thanks Montellese, I get it.
@roscoe: I am developing app in Android and your python code makes me confused.
Anyway, I dont care about the order of items in playlist. You said it takes 20seconds to add 60songs one-by-one to a playlist. So what about batch-sending? Is it better? (Sorry for asking this because I did not implement batch command before and this moment I don't have condition to do that...)
Batch command will remove all http / authentication overhead so depending on Xbmc machine and client for 60 commands this can have a positive impact.

But there's a limit to this, if your json query ends too big, on low end client like rpi the time needed to parse one very big string may be bigger than the sum of all times if doing small queries.

About slowness of those operations, well they are also tied to your Xbmc client.

Each queries will check the item into all Xbmc databases and do lots of queries to try to find all the associated meta data, and this is really a lots of query and on low end devices with slow disk this will be very very very slow Sad

There's a GSOC project to change database system, ending with only one database, so we will avoid quite some uneeded queries after and it's great (but depending on how queries are handled we can also end in having more queries to get details so well we need to wait and see).

There's also a problem with notifications that are done twice leading to double screen refresh and information get from GUI. (With one notification being useless since done even before the playlist is actually changed.

I've tried to discuss on this last part in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161770 and link to this post multiple times to get answers but well this is another debate Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist management in XBCM0