• 6(current)
OUYA users: read this!
Thanks for info! I'll try it next time i fire it up.
(2013-08-07, 11:16)kees667 Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 10:59)stefer Wrote: How do you get the "info while playing" to show up with all the codec data? Is that the skin you're using that does it?

Press o on a keyboard. Enabling debug logging also shows some stats.

O key is not mapped to the ouya remote but iPhone remote apps also support this (official xbmcremote, double tap I or info)

Just requested a wiki logon. Stragngely when pressing o my cpu's all display 0%, I see in the screenshot below that Hakarune does have values. I am running the latest nightly installed yesterday, guess Hakarune is still on alpha 1.
Strange, i just tried it and can't make it happen...
(2013-08-07, 11:00)Ned Scott Wrote: Great work! However, I'm not sure I understand the goal of the "Examples" page?

I created that because many people are saying that DTS, DTS-HD, AC3, etc.. don't work or play like crap, or that anime MKV files don't work. So I thought I'd create a section with video file information, showing that they play and play very well. At least using Gotham 1 and the settings.

(2013-08-07, 12:00)kees667 Wrote: One question with regards to the recommended settings for audio. The screenshot shows: analog and 3.1. I notice my settings are unchanged at analog and 2.0

I see I can select analog, HDMI and optical where the ouya only has HDMI so a little surprised to have audio with analog selected. Guess it also depends on what your HDMI is hooked-up to (receiver, tv). Mine is plugged directly into a tv. Will try and test some more to see what works and possibly add that to the wiki to make sure it works for everyone regardless of setup.

The reason I have it suggesting analog, is like Ned said, it doesn't really matter unless you need the other options; and the 3.1 is because my TV (and others I have seen, at least around here) have a third speaker and it seemed to increase the volume from that speaker. I don't have a receiver yet (just speakers, still looking for a decently priced one), so I couldn't test out those setting yet. If you can test the receiver stuff and audio settings for it, that'd be awesome!

(2013-08-07, 10:59)stefer Wrote: How do you get the "info while playing" to show up with all the codec data? Is that the skin you're using that does it?

I use Yatse, the XBMC Remote and press the menu toggle button Image during playback.

I use Yatse, the XBMC Remote and press the menu toggle button Image during playback.
[/quote]

Sadly Ouya is my 1st Android device, the rest of them are iOS for now. I did get the official app from XBMC for iOS and tried the double-touch on info.
Hi. I spoke from memory, it is longpress i actually on xbmcremote. I found it in the help screen in the app, couldn't find it myself initilally. Curious if your cpu's show values.
(2013-08-08, 07:22)kees667 Wrote: Hi. I spoke from memory, it is longpress i actually on xbmcremote. I found it in the help screen in the app, couldn't find it myself initilally. Curious if your cpu's show values.

Yeah, as you can see in the screenshots, mine show values while playing and in the system summary screen & widget.

(2013-08-07, 11:17)speedway Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 10:02)Hakarune Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 21:34)lartomar2002 Wrote: Please post when done.

Okay I finished updating all the screenshots that I had and added 2 new sections "Examples" and "Recommended Settings."

Also I will test out videos with DTS (and if I can find a video with it, HD-DTS); 1080P Bray files with DTS and x.264 are rather large (have to clean up my server first).

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

Thanks for the link. So far every 1080p from there (5) that I've tried run fine. DTS-HD, AC3, and I don't remember the others lol
(2013-08-08, 07:22)kees667 Wrote: Hi. I spoke from memory, it is longpress i actually on xbmcremote. I found it in the help screen in the app, couldn't find it myself initilally. Curious if your cpu's show values.

Works now thanks! And yes they show values.

Nod
(2013-08-08, 11:42)Hakarune Wrote: Thanks for the link. So far every 1080p from there (5) that I've tried run fine. DTS-HD, AC3, and I don't remember the others lol

Do you mean: with audio pass through?
DTS-HD gives me only ugly noise :-(
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
(2013-08-08, 19:27)speedway Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 11:42)Hakarune Wrote: Thanks for the link. So far every 1080p from there (5) that I've tried run fine. DTS-HD, AC3, and I don't remember the others lol

Do you mean: with audio pass through?
DTS-HD gives me only ugly noise :-(

I have those recommended settings setup, and I have perfect sound...
(2013-08-08, 23:19)Hakarune Wrote: I have those recommended settings setup, and I have perfect sound...
Going to assume you're listening to this in stereo, not through a 5.1 sound system via an hdmi receiver?
(2013-08-08, 23:43)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 23:19)Hakarune Wrote: I have those recommended settings setup, and I have perfect sound...
Going to assume you're listening to this in stereo, not through a 5.1 sound system via an hdmi receiver?

Yeah, I don't have a receiver yet. Planning on getting one soon though, if I can find a decent priced one that is.
After approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes of movie playback, movies starts to stutter. 'Stop & resume' seems to fix it. Will try to get the log this weekend. Anybody else experiencing this?
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
(2013-08-09, 13:26)speedway Wrote: After approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes of movie playback, movies starts to stutter. 'Stop & resume' seems to fix it. Will try to get the log this weekend. Anybody else experiencing this?

That might be cache related. After my first week with XBMC I noticed sho slow down and then installeda cache cleaner and it deleted over 150mb and then everything was fine. I have the cache clas clear daily now. And I've been having movie marathons, like Lord of the Rings marathon + Hobbit; no stutter and every movie is @1080P AAC x.264
(2013-08-10, 02:55)Hakarune Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 13:26)speedway Wrote: After approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes of movie playback, movies starts to stutter. 'Stop & resume' seems to fix it. Will try to get the log this weekend. Anybody else experiencing this?

That might be cache related. After my first week with XBMC I noticed sho slow down and then installeda cache cleaner and it deleted over 150mb and then everything was fine. I have the cache clas clear daily now. And I've been having movie marathons, like Lord of the Rings marathon + Hobbit; no stutter and every movie is @1080P AAC x.264

The only cache that XBMC normally has related to video playback is in RAM, and reset every time a video is stopped.
(2013-08-10, 03:07)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 02:55)Hakarune Wrote:

The only cache that XBMC normally has related to video playback is in RAM, and reset every time a video is stopped.

So where's the 100+mb in xbmc cache from? I thought it was caused from playback; and wiping it seemed to stop the slow down on videos...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA users: read this!2