• 89(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
(2013-12-31, 19:58)sheepybach Wrote: Koying,
reading your link do i take it you never had a reply to your question?

just a reasuring incredibly dumb question: this is only related to AMlogic chipsets so us with rockchip should completely ignore it?

sidenote: omg new year in 2 and half hours Big Grin
working on a fix.
Will future builds incorporate enabled amcodec? and if so could a support thread be opened for those of us with Amlogic devices?

Oops, Just saw the announcement, please disregard this post!

Best Regards and a Happy New Year!
Ok here's a really stupid question from a thick sheep loving welshman, what affect will this have on android tablets if any please? I'm talking about the mainline android tabs like Nexus and Samsung for H/W ACCEL.
iechyd da
none
OK thank you davilla I just wanted to make sure
I have tried a bunch of the latest nightlies on my Nexus 5 (with Android 4.4.2) and noticed that when using libstagefright, standard definition (NTSC) video tends to stutter alot (frameskips), but high definition video plays mostly fine. When I turn off libstagefright, standard definition playback is fine. Is this something other people have noticed?
I can't say I have with the libstagefright module everything play's great for me. Now I get all that with the MediaCodec module so have that truned off
I'm having an issue when using libstagefright for playback of m2ts bluray video files because as far as I can see the current implementation don't take care about quirks for certain codecs.

I'm using an 'ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7' with a Mediatek MTK8125 CPU and PowerVR SGX544 with Android 4.2. and here's my Debug Log

The details of my investigation can be found here: bluray.iso support

It would be great if you could take a look at my debug log and the outcome of my investigation regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance!
What I'm running:

Minix Neo X7 Mini
XBMC Minix Edition (latest)
TVHeadEnd as my PVR backend

Issues:

When watching an SD live broadcast the picture appears as 4:3 but if I were to record the same programme and playback via Recordings at a later date then it will be 16:9 (full screen).
When watching an HD live broadcast or recording the picture stutters every so often.
General .MKV playback of ripped videos have issues with lip sync.

I've uploaded a couple of sample clips of recordings and if I could find where the logs were then I'd add those too but they seem to be eluding me at the moment.

I've looked in the three suggested places:

/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/

Anyway the clips can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

If I find the logs I'll add those as well or you require any further info please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I picked up an Allwinner A31 based box (Mele M8) expecting the nighties to work -- they don't -- so I've been googling around and apparently libstagefright supports this hardware via openmax. I'm trying to figure out where the problem actually exists -- is it that the android build does not include libstagefright, are the openmax binaries missing or incorrect, or is it something else entirely?

Really I just want an XBMC nightly for my box -- I'm fine compiling my own apk if thats what it takes -- I've done it before for the AMLogic chips.
Info is a bit scarce, to say the least.
"It doesn't work" doesn't lead to an obvious resolution path...
I wasn't expecting a solution based on that information. I'm just asking where I should be looking to diagnose the problem. Am I asking in the wrong place?
Alright, here are the logs: http://pastebin.com/V65m35KW. Any advice would be appreciated.
Besides the fact that you're using MediaCodec (as it is the default) and not libstagefright, would you care to share with us what is precisely the issue, please.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6