XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
(2013-07-13, 12:48)negge Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 15:20)discinabq Wrote: Ok, thank you - that got me up and running. Now when i click watch to stream a video - the first 5 seconds play in VLC then the stream shuts off. This seems to happen on .avi's and .mkv's

A few thoughts:

1: embedded html5 player option? for mp4
2: eventual xbmc plugin (would really be nice).

That's odd, I haven't experienced that issue at all. Can you download a file without problems (use the download links instead of the watch button)?

Regarding your points, I was thinking about an in-browser player too but I think it would be useless on most media files since most people use MKV and browser support for h.264 isn't that good last time I checked.

Regarding point #2, what XBMC really needs is a way to connect to a remote library, but that is no simple task to accomplish.

Any fix for this? Mostly I'm able to watch the first 6-7 seconds of any series or movie before it cuts off.. This does NOT happen locally with cable, but it does happen locally with wireless, and via web.. Seems to happen both in MPC and in VLC. Is this a problem with my router/network maybe? Or is it some configuration problem?

The problem seems to at least partially be there when downloading as well, because most downloads gets cut off before they finish, tho they do download longer then 6-7 seconds..

Other then that, thanks for doing this! Its really cool - I just wish it worked for me..

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by Darre - 2014-03-21, 13:28
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9