Apple TV 1 openelec common plugin cache failed
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34937
Log file above
Ok I moved an Xbmc folder over from my previous install to this Apple TV and I got the common plugin cash failed.
Using HUBMAINTENANCE on ATV1/OpenELEC? I'm not just saying this because I hate that site, but I would not let that garbage touch any of my HTPCs, even if I did want to use the add-ons associated with that site.

In any case, debugging isn't enabled in the logs, so can't tell you much about why this is happening
What's wrong with xbmc hub ? They have some great add ons. And they have made installing Xbmc so much easier for people that don't know how to use command line.

Just curious. Maybe you have some info I don't know about.
Personal feelings aside, I've seen them cut corners and change settings in such a way that can sometimes cause more issues than fixes. Outside of actually installing XBMC itself, the typical user shouldn't need to touch the command line for anything. Add-ons, even file transfers, can all be done within the XBMC GUI. Some of the advancedsettings.xml stuff they use look like it's asking for trouble, and would thus cause more issues than fixes. Some of the maintenance tools are only useful for issues specific to add-ons like 1channel and icefilms, which have horrible quality for videos, regardless of what one things about piracy policy. (I've said before, if ya gonna pirate, pirate the good stuff. Not that I'm advocating for or against such things.)

For some people it might never be an issue. There's a lot of different configurations out there, so I honestly can't say one way or the other for sure. I just don't trust the people who promote the tool as well as the person who makes it to know what they're doing.

In any case, turning debugging on for the log should help us troubleshoot your specific issue. Who knows, maybe it's related to HUB stuff ;)
ok i will do that. Thanks for the info. I just was curious if there was something i didnt know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 1 openelec common plugin cache failed0