• 29(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
What i really would Iike is an action to open the 'Subtitles settings OSD'

Is that even possible? I can't find it in the keymap editor.
(2019-03-11, 19:32)joostzilla Wrote: What i really would Iike is an action to open the 'Subtitles settings OSD'

Is that even possible? I can't find it in the keymap editor.

I just came here for the same question. I just updated my Kodi Box to v18 and saw that the subtitles settings were removed from the Audio Settings OSD... but there is no keymap for the separate Subtitles Settings OSD.

This is somewhat frustrating because I either have to map multiple subtitles related actions directly (and my remote is running out of mappable keys) or I need to navigate through multiple menus during playback to reach the subtitles OSD settings.

I spent now 3 hours trying to solve this, looking if I missed something, but there simply does not seem to be a „Subtitles settings OSD“ in the keymap addon Sad
I don't use keymapeditor (prefer doing it by hand) but what you want is in <FullscreenVideo> section bind a key to ActivateWindow(osdsubtitlesettings)

scott s.
(2019-04-17, 21:38)scott967 Wrote: I don't use keymapeditor (prefer doing it by hand) but what you want is in <FullscreenVideo> section bind a key to ActivateWindow(osdsubtitlesettings)

scott s.

Thank you, that worked Smile I admit I am a bit of a noob when it comes manual edits but I ultimately got it!
Unfortunately I can't find this function in the Keymap editor. And I have looked multiple times Sad
(2019-04-21, 18:42)joostzilla Wrote: Unfortunately I can't find this function in the Keymap editor. And I have looked multiple times Sad

It is not there, I did it manually like scott967 suggested. I googled how to edit manually and after some experimenting, I got it done. I had to ssh into my box and edit the keymap file.

The important part is that the OSD subtitles menu does indeed exist. So for now you have to do it manually but maybe the addon gets updated in the future to include it.
Similar to activating Music Fullscreen (Tab) and view/change/lock Visualizer presets (P, V & L), is it possible to program KE for "One-Click" or "One-Key" commands that will turn On/Off Music Fanart and/or Visualizer?
tl;dr Need PlayNext function while in Party Mode.

I recently replaced my bedroom's FireTV stick with a Raspberry Pi (3B+) running LibreElec. Having tied my Fire Remote to it, I've been customizing my keymaps using your AddOn and have it mostly doing what I need.

I generally leave Kodi in party mode, with the TV off and use my soundbars remote to turn music on and off. I'd like to be able to skip to the next track with a simple button push. As far as I can see, when left in party mode, the system will be at one of two windows: One displaying the playlist, or the other displaying the track -- time dependent. Trouble is I can't puzzle out where in your menu system either window is. With the dearth of buttons on the remote, I contemplated using a long-press on one of the buttons and assigning it in the Global menu to PlayNext. Trouble with that is, can't find PlayNext in the global menu, and KeyMap Editor doesn't appear to capture a long-press.

Any thoughts on a solution to this?
Since this add-on is apparently no longer supported, I thought I'd post the gen.xml for my PI/FireTV remote, that I manually updated:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
FireTV KeyCodes
OK:         61541
up:         61568
down:         61569
left:         61570
right:        61571

back:         61616
home:         61622
menu:         61952
rew:         61636
play/pause: 61629
fw:         61637
-->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61636">pageup</key>
<key id="61637">pagedown</key>
<key id="61636" mod="longpress">xbmc.PlayerControl(Partymode(music))</key>
<key id="61637" mod="longpress">xbmc.PlayMedia(/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/KPBS.m3u)</key>
<key id="61568" mod="longpress">SkipNext</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
<fullscreenvideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61616">stop</key>
<key id="61952">osd</key>
<key id="61570">smallstepback</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>
<!--
KPBS.m3u
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, genres="Radio",KPBS Radio - Where News Matters
http://kpbs.streamguys1.com/kpbs-mp3
-->
Hello,
I'm using a playlist with several radio music streams. I would like to map a key to a specific item in this playlist, e.g. I press the number 3 on my keyboard and then Kodi plays the third item in the current playlist. Is this possible?
It sounds rather simple to me, but I haven't found any solution yet.
Thank you for your help!
(2014-04-07, 21:41)takoi Wrote: Go to Edit->Global->Activate Window->Home. That's the one you want.
Has this menu option moved in Keymap Editor 1.0.10? I’m on Kodi 18 and want to map the Kodi “Home” button to my Harmony 665 remote’s “Menu” button. This used to work in Kodi 17 but something weird happened in 18. Anyway I went to Edit->Global but don’t see an Activate Window.
(2018-04-08, 18:41)ryvaenge Wrote:
(2017-10-31, 17:50)ryvaenge Wrote: Hi, I can`t find any place to map a button to go to home screen in the addon?

Libreelec
Please, anyone knows if it some place? Now on Xbox one

Edit: Found it. Global > Windows > Open Home
Thanks for this! Was looking for this key (see my earlier post above), and can see it’s mapped to the “homepage” key. I’m trying to map it to the “Menu” key of my Harmony 665, but it doesn’t seem to be taking my button press after I select “Edit” and hold down the “Menu” button for 5 seconds — it simply reverts back to “homepage” for me. Is there another way for me to map this manually by editing an XML file? Might need some n00b instructions on this as I’ve never done this before.
Does this work for Xbox One? I'm attempting to map "Show Info" to the X button and the context menu to the start button.  I navigate through the addon, find the required settings, press the desired buttons on my controller, re-enter the addon and see a string of numbers replacing the key that was there originally.  Press back until the first screen of the addon, select save, and try out the buttons.  Neither works, "X" still prompts the context menu and "start" still does nothing.  If I go back into the addon, I still see the string of numbers that were added when I first assigned the buttons, but it's not doing anything? Any advice?
Hi,
I have an Air Mouse remote, and I want to edit a key to backspace. Thx
Hi all, I was trying to make custom key for Kodi (command is Toggle Full Screen). The original key for this is "\" but I want to use remote control the most. I am using Logitech Harmony 650 remote control. I tried Global/Playback/ToggleFullScreen/"1" button but it didn't work. Then I tried the same thing with "Videos" and "Full Screen Video" category but still no hope. Can you guys give me instruction/ step by step guide how to make custom key for Kodi especially for Logitech Harmony 650 and Ortek VRC-1100 remote.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7