Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
I'm sure this has already been asked and solved, but I can't seem to find it. I have a generic Hama MCE remote control and it's working fine except for one or two things. The volume up down button sends a repeated signal, but holding it down only increases or decreases the volume one unit at a time. The IR receiver blinks repeatedly to show that the signal is being received but to go up or down I have to tap the volume button. Other functions, however, like holding up or down direction arrows moves through menus until the key is released. How do I alter the repeat rate of volume controls?

The second question is to do with mapping special function keys. The remote is obviously designed with Windows Media Centre in mind but I'm running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 2. How to I use Keycap Editor so that the shortcut buttons for what would be DVD, Video, Live TV and Pictures instead route to, say, Video Addons, the OpenVPN Program addon, and the Movies folder, for example? I've tried to 'teach' Keycap Editor in the usual way, but the same method which worked to remap the Clear key to instead send the Tab key isn't working for mapping the media shortcut buttons. The IR receiver flashes to show that it is getting a signal from the remote but Keycap Editor just waits for 5 seconds and then times out when no keypress is received.

Thanks for help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - by oscillators - 2015-02-14, 18:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7