• 268(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution

(2014-05-11, 16:44)hasamba Wrote: tried the super favorites option with couple of addons, i tried adding genre categories (maybe not supported)
all gives black screen with no epg
log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=198939

thanks

btw: tried also with 2 media files under super favorites and its working great...

categories isnt a media plugin... This will only work with video plugins and maybe a few music ones...
[/quote]

I meant categories inside media plugin, for example "some banned plugin" - > movies - > genre - > animation, under the animation category there are video files....
Is this a bug or just a conflict between PTVL and Tvheadend?

Here's my xmltv.xml entry for Larry King (generated with mc2xml):
Code:
<programme start="20140511160000 +0000" stop="20140511163000 +0000" channel="I32647.labs.zap2it.com">
    <title lang="en">Larry King Special Report</title>
    <desc lang="en">Larry King investigates Omega XL, the ultimate all natural solution for pain and inflammation.</desc>
    <category lang="en">Consumer</category>
    <category lang="en">Paid Programming</category>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">SH01748337.0000</episode-num>
    <previously-shown />
  </programme>

Note that start="20140511160000, which means the xmltv file shows it starting today at 1600.

BUT, the Tvheadend EPG reads the same xmltv file and shows it starting at 1330:

And in XBMC, it also loads correctly:

PTVL's EPG shows it starting at 1600, but when I click on what's playing now (at 1340) I get Larry King.

So if I do a time offset in mc2xml to fix PTVL programming, then Tvheadend will get messed up and I won't be able to record any shows. Any Tvheadend users run into this?

Is there any way to offset time in PTVL for Live TV?
(2014-05-11, 21:11)guttermonk Wrote: Is this a bug or just a conflict between PTVL and Tvheadend?

Here's my xmltv.xml entry for Larry King (generated with mc2xml):
Code:
<programme start="20140511160000 +0000" stop="20140511163000 +0000" channel="I32647.labs.zap2it.com">
    <title lang="en">Larry King Special Report</title>
    <desc lang="en">Larry King investigates Omega XL, the ultimate all natural solution for pain and inflammation.</desc>
    <category lang="en">Consumer</category>
    <category lang="en">Paid Programming</category>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">SH01748337.0000</episode-num>
    <previously-shown />
  </programme>

Note that start="20140511160000, which means the xmltv file shows it starting today at 1600.

BUT, the Tvheadend EPG reads the same xmltv file and shows it starting at 1330:

And in XBMC, it also loads correctly:

PTVL's EPG shows it starting at 1600, but when I click on what's playing now (at 1340) I get Larry King.

So if I do a time offset in mc2xml to fix PTVL programming, then Tvheadend will get messed up and I won't be able to record any shows. Any Tvheadend users run into this?

Is there any way to offset time in PTVL for Live TV?

Anytime EPG is out of sync, you need to check if your tvlistings (xmltv) was updated.
Then force a channel reset under settings, to reengage sync.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-05-08, 13:40)tromy Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 12:09)MrMarijuano Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 10:33)tromy Wrote: Yes,under settings,visual,disable show info when changing channels

How can I do the opposite? Keep PTVL information overlay and disable the other one? I'm seeing two overlays almost everytime I change channels
Which xbmc skin u use?

Maximinimalism.

(2014-05-08, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 21:17)for-the Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 09:01)MrMarijuano Wrote: I've added a reddit channel using the Direct Plugin Chtype.

I'm sure there's a way to do this via RSS but I don't think it has as much options as the plugin.

Huh, funny that.

*I* just wrote a modification that adds Reddit channels that uses the .rss feeds
[...]

I've almost got it all working... still working out a few edge cases with scrapping the data...

Share your modification when it's finished... I could add it to my fork.

Yes please
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named PIL
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/pseudotv.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.ga import *
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ga.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import EPGWindow
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/EPGWindow.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RPi using the latest master build. Fails with 'PseudoTV.py has failed!'

Logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=199245
Did you install all the addons required? I had that same error until I installed all the addons in OP
Anyone know if PTVL will work with XBMC on the new Fire TV? I just got one and I'm installing XBMC right now.
I did. All the dependencies as well as the optional plugins and interface addons. Gonna double check the versions and that they all run correctly themselves.

Edit: Should the script.modules show up in any of your addon categories? (requests, beautifulsoup, feedparser, downloader, json)

If not, maybe that's indicative of my issue?
(2014-05-11, 20:21)hasamba Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 16:44)hasamba Wrote: tried the super favorites option with couple of addons, i tried adding genre categories (maybe not supported)

thanks

btw: tried also with 2 media files under super favorites and its working great...

categories isnt a media plugin... This will only work with video plugins and maybe a few music ones...

I meant categories inside media plugin, for example "some banned plugin" - > movies - > genre - > animation, under the animation category there are video files....
[/quote]

Ah, In that case... Its going to be hit or miss... some plugins will work great. Others won't work at all.

(2014-05-11, 22:07)dnalloheoj Wrote:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/pseudotv.py", line 25, in <module>
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ga.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import EPGWindow
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/EPGWindow.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image

Fix will be posted tonight

(2014-05-11, 22:13)ADHDMedia Wrote: Anyone know if PTVL will work with XBMC on the new Fire TV? I just got one and I'm installing XBMC right now.

I just bought one. I plan on adding as much support as possible. I will also try and integrate hulu.
(2014-05-11, 22:24)Lunatixz Wrote: Fix will be posted tonight

You're awesome. Greatly appreciate it.
(2014-05-11, 21:37)Lunatixz Wrote: Anytime EPG is out of sync, you need to check if your tvlistings (xmltv) was updated.
Then force a channel reset under settings, to reengage sync.

Damn you're good! I had PTVL pointing at a schedules direct xmltv file I downloaded yesterday, like a dummy. Pointed it to the new one that my cron job downloaded today, and now everything works.

Thanks for the second set of eyes! I'll send another donation after the next update. Cheers!
(2014-05-11, 22:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 20:21)hasamba Wrote:

thanks

Ah, In that case... Its going to be hit or miss... some plugins will work great. Others won't work at all.

(2014-05-11, 22:07)dnalloheoj Wrote:
Code:
                                                import EPGWindow
                                                from PIL import Image

Fix will be posted tonight

(2014-05-11, 22:13)ADHDMedia Wrote: Anyone know if PTVL will work with XBMC on the new Fire TV? I just got one and I'm installing XBMC right now.

I just bought one. I plan on adding as much support as possible. I will also try and integrate hulu.
[/quote]

Thanks a million bro. I also plan on sending a donation soon as my PayPal money hits for the month. Much appreciated.
(2014-05-11, 22:31)dnalloheoj Wrote:

Are you on ouya?
(2014-05-11, 22:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 22:31)dnalloheoj Wrote:

Are you on ouya?

RaspberryPi using RaspBMC w/ Gotham. Relatively fresh install (< a week) with no other addons besides the ones listed in the OP.
(2014-05-11, 22:47)dnalloheoj Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 22:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 22:31)dnalloheoj Wrote: You're awesome. Greatly appreciate it.

Are you on ouya?

RaspberryPi using RaspBMC w/ Gotham. Relatively fresh install (< a week) with no other addons besides the ones listed in the OP.

This problem with "PIL" missing, may be a bigger issue then I thought...
I plan on implementing a lot of enhanced gui stuff which depends on this library... seems that some builds of XBMC are leaving it out... or using a build of python which doesn't include it...
  • 268(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45