• 506(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-12-09, 21:11)windsorguy1979 Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 20:44)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 20:20)windsorguy1979 Wrote: Debugging by guessing Wink. refreshLocks is the only thing active in my logs when this issue starts and returning False right away was the only change I made and seems to have solved my issue. Python isn't my bread and butter but I was looking at "self.refreshLocksTimer = threading.Timer(4.0, self.refreshLocks)" and thinking that was spinning up a new thread but not seeing anything to kill the old thread. I just re-read the timer API that while it is true that it is starting a new thread, the old thread stops when refreshLocks ends. Looking at this now, I'm not sure why this change seems to have corrected my problem. What is this method for anyhow? Not looking for a fix in the codebase, this might be a one-off that I run on my system that works for me for some reason.

It's part of channel sharing and file locking... it runs once, every 4 minutes as designed. If you could send me a log when you experience your problem I could provide further input.

That may be why I'm seeing so many of these in my log file and why it may be bogging down my FireTVs. Looking at the Timer API, the interval '4.0' is 4 seconds, not 4 minutes, correct? Which means refreshLocks is running every 4 seconds. I'm looking at this for reference: https://docs.python.org/2/library/thread...er-objects
Sorry its a typo on my part. 4 seconds was meant, not 4 minutes.

You seem hell bent to harp on this function as the root of your problems...

As explained before, its doubtful... I run PTVL on a fireTV without any problem.

At this point you have one option... Provide a log for review. Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I realize you already have a logo, but I made the original so I thought I'd share the LIVE variant I use.

Running latest dev version.
Using xmltv file for my live channels with success but when I select to "find missing guide data" (w/o force reset channels)I get nothing,artwork/info but I also get "listing unavailable check your xmltv file" and my channels can't be played by PLTV.

Any ideas?Need a log for this?

Thanks
(2014-12-10, 20:08)tromy Wrote: Running latest dev version.
Using xmltv file for my live channels with success but when I select to "find missing guide data" (w/o force reset channels)I get nothing,artwork/info but I also get "listing unavailable check your xmltv file" and my channels can't be played by PLTV.

Thanks

Find missing guide data would require a force reset, or wait 24+ hrs for cache to expire and PTVL will rebuild the channel on its own.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I'm a noob with XBMC so bear with me.

I ran through the setup of PseudoTV Live, autotuned all the channels I wanted and I got the first time loading screen (PseudoTV animation sequence).

When it came time to actually see the default channel, the screen was black. I could hear audio, but no video. Also, the "info" box at the bottom of the screen showed only a few sporadic blue boxes and no text.

What went wrong?

I'm using Kodi Gotham (latest stable release) on Windows 8.1

Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Oh, I should add that I also tried FTV Guide and got the same result (black screen with Vevo channel audio only).

Is it Vevo that's messing things up?
(2014-12-10, 23:37)Vox_Populi Wrote: I'm a noob with XBMC so bear with me.

I ran through the setup of PseudoTV Live, autotuned all the channels I wanted and I got the first time loading screen (PseudoTV animation sequence).

When it came time to actually see the default channel, the screen was black. I could hear audio, but no video. Also, the "info" box at the bottom of the screen showed only a few sporadic blue boxes and no text.

What went wrong?

I'm using Kodi Gotham (latest stable release) on Windows 8.1

Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Oh, I should add that I also tried FTV Guide and got the same result (black screen with Vevo channel audio only).

Is it Vevo that's messing things up?

Yes. The youtube plugin was having issues with Vevo. There was a patch that worked for some, me included. Could also try the alpha plugin by bromix suggested on the first page of this thread.
Wow, thanks for the fast reply fr3qu3ncy!

Could you be so kind as to point me in the right direction of this patch? I'll also download the alpha plugin, just in case.

Thanks again!
(2014-12-11, 00:16)Vox_Populi Wrote: Wow, thanks for the fast reply fr3qu3ncy!

Could you be so kind as to point me in the right direction of this patch? I'll also download the alpha plugin, just in case.

Thanks again!

Here is the patch I was talking about. It seems to be working for some. Guess you'll have to try and see if it works in your region.

And the Bromix youtube plugin can be found here. I haven't used this one myself yet but it seems to be getting some attention. Keep in mind that the Develpment build of PTVL is needed due to some changes.
Hey Lunatixz what an awesome recreation of an XBMC classic. Having some problems, hope you can help. Log here:

http://pastebin.com/RpYDaUfY

I keep getting repeats of the same episodes of shows, I'm pretty sure this happens on all of the shows. Saw someone else have this problem in this thread but they believed their problem was down to PTV not liking MKV files. Mine isn't that problem.

Library is correctly scraped, have renamed settings2.xml, emptied cache folder then done a force reset but the problem persists. Any guidance on what I can do next please? This is a Win8 PC, UAC disabled and XBMC runs as administrator.
Really an incredible add-on. So first, thank you!

Next - a request (feel free to ignore just thought it'd be a cool addition).

It would be great to have a "currently playing" mode or something like that - or channels that get built based on what you are currently watching. Instead of the shows being based on time, they'd be based on episode #. So you could get a tv guide that has a list of all shows/movies that you are currently in progress and be able to simply start the next episode (or continue the show).

All in all, really fantastic. It crashes my Pi but outside of that, works fantastic on my other machines. Really like the youtube channels.
@jrubenol that exists. Its called LazyTV
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-11-26, 01:15)Marshall Wrote: Image

NEW V.1.4

Get it here
https://github.com/CodeMonkeyZero/ZeroEightOne

Thanks to all the people that have provided feedback and to Lunatixz for bringing us PseudoTV Live, which is arguably the best program on XBMC.

How do i install this i can't find the programs folder on my hardrive using windows 8.1 Thanks. Also i would like to setup the Channel logos and create custom channels with more then one Show Not sure how.One more question if i roll back to gotham would i lose my Addons and configurations ? I love this addon is it possible to Stream this to other Tvs possibly Via a playstation 3 or media server? Update on Skin found where it was suppose to be must have been hidden or something nothing showed up i put it in the Zip file and reinstalled it got the new theme to work.
(2014-12-10, 20:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 20:08)tromy Wrote: Running latest dev version.

Thanks

Find missing guide data would require a force reset, or wait 24+ hrs for cache to expire and PTVL will rebuild the channel on its own.
Still can't get data for live tv.If I enable it PLTV freezes and can't create channels.Guess it's a unicodeAngry error
Log from stable version 0.5.6: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsd3iuecnrywhr...d.log?dl=0
Can u have a look?

With " find missing data" disabled xmltv and channels load fine.

Thanks
@Bry- thanks for that - although it's not nearly as pretty as PseudoTV Smile
Donor login still not received.
  • 506(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45