• 583(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-02-23, 20:43)aptalca Wrote: Hi Luna,

I am having some issues on the 0.5.8G:

1) Artwork spooler is taking forever (last night it took 1000 sec) btw my artwork is on a samba share
2) While the artwork spooler is running, PTVL is unable to exit. I get the removing file locks in the notifications and the message Exiting on the screen with the blue tint until the spooler is done, which takes a looong time (no way to go back or exit any other way, after a few minutes I have to do a hard reboot if I don't want to wait too long)
3) Some media start playing from the start. This issue was fixed a while back. A lot of times, the media would initially start at the beginning but within a second it would seek to the correct time. It no longer does this.

While the spooler is running, the epg shows no artwork, but the info page does. I didn't really wait until spooler is done to see whether artwork shows up on the epg. The spooler takes too long and my patience runs out before that :-)

I'll post a log later today when I build up more patience :-)

Thanks

Here's the log I promised: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Pdr6Z...sp=sharing

This time I waited until the spooler finished (took longer than 10 min, not sure exactly how long, I wasn't paying attention). After the spooler was done, all the artwork was displayed in the epg with no issues.

However, the media starting from the beginning was still happening. Close to the end, you can see me changing the channels and about a third of the time, the media starts from the beginning rather than the middle. This was not happening in 0.5.8e iirc

Thanks
Hello again Lunatixz! Okay, I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of Kodi and started from scratch, re-imported media, re-installed PTVL per your instructions, set up a few channels. I can confirm the guide issue is still happening in 0.58f. I'm now going to roll back again to 0.5.8e and give it another go! I'll let you know the result. Thanks again!
Success! 0.5.8e does not have the guide issue I mentioned. So it seems it popped up for the first time in 0.5.8f. I'm going to stick with this version for now, until you advise otherwise. I'll be glad to test a new build for the issue when it becomes available. Also, let me know if you need any more info or log files. Thanks again!
(2015-02-24, 04:47)aptalca Wrote: ...
However, the media starting from the beginning was still happening. Close to the end, you can see me changing the channels and about a third of the time, the media starts from the beginning rather than the middle. This was not happening in 0.5.8e iirc

I ran into this problem too and am using OpenElec 4.2.1 (Gotham) and 0.5.8g.

It may be related to this issue where Kodi is not always ready/able to seek immediately after switching to a new file: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=161709

The user above found that adding a small delay to his code allowed it to work as intended.

The corresponding area in Overlay.py is around line 939 in 0.5.8g where it calls self.Player.seekTime().
I have a small solution that checks xbmc.Player().getTime() for a particular range of values prior to seeking and delays 100ms at a time until xbmc is ready (at most just 1 iteration in my testing). There is certainly a more elegant solution, but this has worked for me and may help lead to a more proper fix.

I won't post the code here publicly to save all involved any trouble, but I can PM the diff to coders that are interested.

On my own installation, it solved the issue of videos randomly starting from the beginning when changing the channel either via the EPG or Up/Down.
Can anybody figure out why I can no longer manually add "Live tv"? I am trying to put together a "how to" for manually adding channels, but I am stuck, now that I can no longer manually add channels! lol (I have a log posted a while back). Can other people enter "Channel ID" under "Live TV" without it freezing? It would help if I knew if it were a universal problem? Or just me.
(2015-02-24, 06:51)Raddp Wrote: Success! 0.5.8e does not have the guide issue I mentioned. So it seems it popped up for the first time in 0.5.8f. I'm going to stick with this version for now, until you advise otherwise. I'll be glad to test a new build for the issue when it becomes available. Also, let me know if you need any more info or log files. Thanks again!
Okay thanks, I'll review code differences to narrow down the cause.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi there..

I've been looking at this plugin recently. Nice work, and cool concept. I see some great things for this plugin. Do you think it's possible to add pluto.tv channels into the grid? I've studied Kinkin's pluto.tv plugin, and I think I can get access to the grid (program names, start times, end times, duration, etc). Is there a way to merge Kinkin's code into PTVL to add channels?

Thanks for your time.
(2015-02-24, 08:10)carlog Wrote: Hi there..

I've been looking at this plugin recently. Nice work, and cool concept. I see some great things for this plugin. Do you think it's possible to add pluto.tv channels into the grid? I've studied Kinkin's pluto.tv plugin, and I think I can get access to the grid (program names, start times, end times, duration, etc). Is there a way to merge Kinkin's code into PTVL to add channels?

Thanks for your time.

I'm pretty sure that the guys at WebGrab+ made an guide file for Pluto.tv, so you could always make your own xmltv file if not.
(2015-02-24, 06:51)Raddp Wrote: Success! 0.5.8e does not have the guide issue I mentioned. So it seems it popped up for the first time in 0.5.8f. I'm going to stick with this version for now, until you advise otherwise. I'll be glad to test a new build for the issue when it becomes available. Also, let me know if you need any more info or log files. Thanks again!

I did the test also, and .0.5.8e didn't have the issues for me either. All the channels populated correctly, but it took an insane amount of time to populate the channels. I started the channel population at 6:55 pm, and for the 69 channels, it finally finished at 11:15pm, so it took a little more than 4 hours to populate.
(2015-02-21, 19:14)Rastan Wrote: Thanks for the update Luna! I am just confirming the bug with EPG genre colours. When turned off the EPG works as intended. I am also not seeing any logos for my channels. I normally have "use unaltered channel bug" on. When I turn it off I do see the greyscale logos. Not sure if it something on my side.

Same here: Unaltered channel bug not working, grayscale logos showing as they should...
I am using Kodi on 5 tv's with pseudo tv. So far it has worked perfectly, where I have imported the same settings2.xml file to each build. I just overwrite the file on the other boxes and the channels work exactly how I intended them to.

Is there a way I can keep the settings2.xml file in a central location and have my it to my other kodi builds with copying it everytime I make an adjustment??
You can use channel sharing in the options
(2015-02-24, 11:39)RayW1986 Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 08:10)carlog Wrote: Hi there..

Thanks for your time.

I'm pretty sure that the guys at WebGrab+ made an guide file for Pluto.tv, so you could always make your own xmltv file if not.

I gave webgrab+ a try, and I'm able to download some small bits of EPG from pluto.tv, but 1) It doesn't have any links to the actual youtube content, and 2) I'm not understanding what to do with the xmltv file if it was valid.
https://github.com/learningit/script.CAN...er/epg.txt
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216740

The above thread is for a program add-on that gathers official links to streams of Canadian TV channels and displays them in Kodi. The top link is the git for the add-on with the page showing the stream links. Luna has already incorporated the GlobalTV streams into the community list, and they seem to work fine.

I was going to parse through and add the CTV News, TSN, and RDS channels but I am unable to get any of the links to work either in PTVL or VLC. Despite this the add-on creator and other users assure me that the links work.

It is not a video plugin so it can't be integrated into PTVL as such. It would be great if others could test the stream links to see if they can get them to work, or if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem may be.
(2015-02-24, 22:03)azrael17 Wrote: https://github.com/learningit/script.CAN...er/epg.txt
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216740

The above thread is for a program add-on that gathers official links to streams of Canadian TV channels and displays them in Kodi. The top link is the git for the add-on with the page showing the stream links. Luna has already incorporated the GlobalTV streams into the community list, and they seem to work fine.

I was going to parse through and add the CTV News, TSN, and RDS channels but I am unable to get any of the links to work either in PTVL or VLC. Despite this the add-on creator and other users assure me that the links work.

It is not a video plugin so it can't be integrated into PTVL as such. It would be great if others could test the stream links to see if they can get them to work, or if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem may be.

It requires code that hasn't been pushed to PTVL yet, its on the com list for testing Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 583(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45