Please help and advise
Please Advise on parts list

Antec ISK 300-150 Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 150 Watt Power Supply

Intel Core i3-3225 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637i33225

Gigabyte LGA 1155 DDR3 1600 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Motherboard GA-H77N-WIFI

Kingston Technology HyperX Blu 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM (Kit of 2) KHX1333C9D3B1K​2/8G

ADATA S510 60 GB SATA III SandForce 6 GB/Sec 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive AS510S3-60GM-C

That is my wish list based off of build #5. I would like to replace my Apple TV 1 this week as it is just not able to play this stuff very well.
Now my media is all stored a 4tb hdd. So I dont think i need to worry about streaming.
One of the main issues with ATV1 is buffering a lot through out a movie . will i still have that problem ?
How quiet will this system be behind a glass cabinet
Should i add more cooling fans. My media cabinet is 8 intake and exhaust fans. Do i need more for the htpc?
404 Document Not Found
Post updated
hey was able to update my list please check me out

(2013-07-16, 21:29)Dougie Fresh Wrote: 404 Document Not Found
> will i still have that problem ?
No

> How quiet will this system be behind a glass cabinet
No idea. General rule is: Big fans are quiet, small fans are noisy.
This is because big fans don't have to turn as fast.

>Should i add more cooling fans. My media cabinet is 8 intake and exhaust fans. Do i need more for the htpc?
Huh?
8 fans
Is it an airboat?
no just really want to keep my stuff cool. lol
(2013-07-17, 05:05)joelbaby Wrote: > will i still have that problem ?
No

> How quiet will this system be behind a glass cabinet
No idea. General rule is: Big fans are quiet, small fans are noisy.
This is because big fans don't have to turn as fast.

>Should i add more cooling fans. My media cabinet is 8 intake and exhaust fans. Do i need more for the htpc?
Huh?
8 fans
Is it an airboat?
Hey guys is this thread in the wrong spot. I am not getting much help at all here .
Best place for it. Be patient.
There must be reviews online for that case, they'll tell you if it is noisy, or hot or not. Other than that we cannot tell you whether the box you are going to put it in will need more cooling.

I am guessing with 8 fans already, it's pretty noisy already, and probably cool enough. But who knows, air flow, cooling etc is an inexact science. We don't know any thermal parameters for whatever else you are cooling in there.

Try it and see.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i3-3225 is a very common HTPC build. It will run pretty much anything HTPC, Windows or Linux, very well. In most of the i3-3225 mini-ITX systems I build (different cases) I don't use a case fan. The best thing to do is just try what comes stock and then if it's running too hot make changes.
I think i am asking some wrong questions. How does my part list look ? is there anything i am missing?

Thanks guys, sorry artrafael just really want to find an alternate to my atv1. nickr those fans in the cabinet are 120mm and i have to have my head in the cabinet to hear them.
What is the ATV1 not playing back right? ATV1s are still my favorite HTPCs :D

If it can be hardware decoded, an ATV1 + linux + BCHD (wiki) should be able to handle it.
I am a windows guy , i have tried to understand how to get linux on there ,but with no success. i do have BCHD. Any help i do love the atv1 interface . the movies i have issue with are 1080p bluray downloads

(2013-07-19, 00:07)Ned Scott Wrote: What is the ATV1 not playing back right? ATV1s are still my favorite HTPCs Big Grin

If it can be hardware decoded, an ATV1 + linux + BCHD (wiki) should be able to handle it.
It's easy: http://crystalbuntu.com

Make the USB drive, plug it in, presto. Crystalbuntu 2 is a big improvement on past linux distros on ATV1, too.
Well i did jump 2night ago and setup my ATV1 to linux
now i am having a ton of issues, with audio, video and external hdd. I plan on doing some trial by error today and see if i can eleminate some of these issues.

(2013-07-19, 06:49)Ned Scott Wrote: It's easy: http://crystalbuntu.com

Make the USB drive, plug it in, presto. Crystalbuntu 2 is a big improvement on past linux distros on ATV1, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help and advise0