Parse RAR files to read media files in them
it is that playing idx, sub subtitle is ok but not for zipped sub i.e. rar. does xbmc unzip the rar into sub format before playing ?

thanks

xbmc is marvellous.
no, xbmc does not yet support rar or zip in any from, moving to the feature suggestions forum
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(simon1219 @ feb. 23 2004,04:09 Wrote:it is that playing idx, sub subtitle is ok but not for zipped sub i.e. rar. does xbmc unzip the rar into sub format before playing ?

thanks

xbmc is marvellous.
unrar you mean, i believe?
hi,

i know its already on the list. but unleashx has given the sources out for unrar support up to version 3.36 of winrar.
would it be possible to implement those for using rarred vobsubs and/or unrarring other files?
would be terribly nice Smile
it's on the list. the delay with rar isn't lack of code to use, it's lack of dev time to integrate it into xbmc.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

yeah sorry, saw the thread already in development.
hope he succeeds Smile
Thumbs Up 
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=200415

^^ integrate it into my files :p :p
i think the part where i said it unzips stuff is a botch :p
transfering games with complex directory structure makes copying by ftp a very long job, so i think that it should be a good idea to enable users to copy just one (or more) rar files by ftp and then to be able to unrar it on xbox itself.
this way lot of time could be spared, there is no much use for videos and music because they already have small number of files and good compression.
boost mode is planned for that sort of usage.

did the rar support ever get added for subtitles?
autogk can now support external subtitles, and it generates
them in .rar format.

thanks,
(detroit @ june 07 2004,20:01 Wrote:did the rar support ever get added for subtitles?
no, no rar support has been added at all yet, i think the dvelopment on it has been halted, i've not heard anything on it for a while
how is the project for developing support for playing videos in rar archives (from ms windows) going along?

its been a long time since any progress reports were out...

keep up the good work! :bowdown:

- buzzz
you plan to code something for xbmc or ...?
else i have to move this to support or to the feature suggestions. Wink
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
feel free to move this to the feature request section.
sorry if i posted in an internal forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Parse RAR files to read media files in them0