Parse RAR files to read media files in them
ill pm you a log error
does it work for someone here?

(that is, positive reports are also welcome =))

spiff
tested some .rar avi file scene releases (15mb packed rar files). works great. i was suprised by how fast it was as well. great job spiff! :thumbsup:
(spiff @ aug. 04 2005,03:05 Wrote:all good things come to those who wait Smile

- 04-08-2005 added: proper stored rar support.

now go play those avi's, those .imgs those .bins etc straight from stored rar files Smile

spiff
boing!

dude have i been waiting for this feature! :nuts:
this is some veeeery nice news! i just have to figure out how to compile so i can try it out for myself!
works :kickass: but i can´t get the subtitle to work on dvdr img(maby just a dvdplayer problem)

hehe now i don´t need to unrar my dvdr movies to watch them Smile
is there a way to get xbmc to automaticly open the contents of a rar? since i only store one avi file in a rar i would like it to auto open it when i open the rar file... i know this isnt possible, but how hard would it be to change the source code to do this?
hi,

not possible atm but will be shortly. unrolling of rars will be commited within the next few days. unrolling as in, if the rar only contains one file, show the file not the rar.

oh, and usually i never answer posts where you use phrases such as 'how hard can this be?' when requesting a feature (unless you plan on implementing them).

i's really irritating from a devs point of view. since you're seemingly incapable of fixing the problem yourself you got no right to tell what's difficult to add and what's not..

(this ranting isn't really aimed at you personally, i just had to get it out there....)

btw,

what the f*uck is this doing in the xlink kai forums?
sorry it was suppost to be in the support forum. and also i wasn't requesting a feature, i am sorry if you missunderstood i was not trying to insult anyone. i was just looking for some guidence to how i could solve this by and maybe contribute to the xbmc community if i managed to do it....
okay, i'm all calmed down now Wink

in my local tree, i have it listing the contents of .rar's instead of the .rars if there is only one media file within the archives. however i haven't commited it yet since we still have some internal discussions on how to indicate that the media is indeed inside archives. currently our best idea is adding (rarred) and (zipped) to the labels. any idea appreciated.

also, sorry i read your post as a feature req and i took the ranting out on you (it has been building up for some time...)

i really did not mean to scare away anyone offering to help ! Smile
hence the '(unless you plan on implementing them).'

there is plenty of stuff you can help us with. there is boring stuff such as bug hunting, or you can add a new feature if that is of preference. any help is appreciated
Exclamation 
(spiff @ aug. 19 2005,15:10 Wrote:currently our best idea is adding (rarred) and (zipped) to the labels. any idea appreciated.
suggestions:
color-code the text (ie make for example the text blue for zipped-files and red for rared-files), or make it graphical with a (z) and ® logo next to the file in the gui
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
perhaps adding an rar / zip icon might work.

the color coding i personally find way too much... of course the icon would replace the proper icon (e.g. movie icon for avi etc)
good question, either would work as long as the colors match well with the skin. the colors should probebly be specified in the skin then so you wont get red on red and so forth if you use a non default skin.

also if i understand correctly, do you want it to display the contents of the rar if there is only rar files in the folder? so lets say you have,

/movies/movie1/movie1.rar/movie1.avi

do you want to remove the movie1.rar step or the movie1.avi step? do you understand what i mean? i think there is two ways of acomplishing what we want. i think the easiet way would be after the rar file is opened and the caching has started to check how many files it contains, if it then contains 1 file, skip the gui draw and play it, otherwise draw the gui window showing the contents. because determening how many files are in a rar before opening it seems very hard to acomplish. also i think more people will rename the rar to a appropreat name than chaging the name of video file in the rar.

keep up the good work Smile
Quote:because determening how many files are in a rar before opening it seems very hard to acomplish.

already done Wink ofcourse it requires opening but unless you have lots of diff archives in one dir the penalty is negligble (tried a dir with 100 modules zipped in their own .zips and didn't even notice a delay)

i want to make rar's totally transparent. as in removing the movie.rar step...
ok then good job Smile

i was worried that several rars would be a problem but if it can read 100 in just a sec then i should be good Smile
can this feature be included in xbmc?

Quote:tired of waiting for the video to extract? well, download this mplayer release and open the rar file and mplayer takes care of the on-the-fly extracting. yes it works for multi-file compressed files, unlike videolan player!
http://digg.com/technol....acting_

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Parse RAR files to read media files in them0