Remote Takeover for XBMC
I was wondering if anyone has found a working solution for remote takeover on a PC running xbmc. I use Dameware, but when I do a remote takeover, the screen is just black. I can open task manager and/or do a ctrl-tab and the screen appears. However, when XBMC is in the foreground, screen is just black.

Has anyone found a solution? Thanks in advance.
i have had some success with teamviewer it can be a bit laggy though
to be honest I have never had much luck with remote access like that, you can try some vnc client.
what I ended up doing was getting a port forward setup and a remote control on my iphone that connects to the xbmc install at home so I can control things like play pause volume, reboot...
יונתן בן-חיים
you can control XBMC by RDP if the option "run in a full screen window rather than fullscreen" is activated in xbmc. Don'T know if this helps you
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Thanks for the replies. I haven't tried teamviewer yet, I'll give it a go. I'm not looking to control xbmc, my phone does the remote control thing just fine. So for now, when I use Dameware to takeover the htpc, an Alt-Tab minimizes xbmc and I have the desktop. Not ideal, but it's pretty close.
Do you want to take over je htpc with your phone or via another pc?

- for android there is Unified Remote (haven't tried it yet)
- on my laptop and Ipad I use 'logmein'
I'd like to takeover the pc from another PC. I'd like to be able to do regular xbmc maintenance tasks on xbmc remotely. Like adding addins for example.
For me LogMeIn (its free) worked good. I could do the maintenance on XBMC when my boyfriend was watching television at the same time. I saw the screen of the htpc on my laptop. Use it a lot for support for friends and family. Saves me a trip Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Takeover for XBMC0