Custom Menu Items XML location
Hi
I'm using the Aeon Nox skin and have created several custom menu items.
I'm also using a central mySQL db and even tho my machines share the same UserData folder, the custom menu items are not replicated across the machines.
This implies that the custom items are not in the DB nor in the userdata folder.. but if this is the case, where are they stored?
Can someone please enlighthen me?
Thanks!
MySQL only deals with the library. All other settings and changes you do to skins have nothing to do with MySQL. Skin settings are stored in guisettings.xml, but I would not directly share those between machines. It would be better to just copy them over once, because they often need to have device-specific settings.

I'm not sure what you mean by your machines using the same userdata folder. XBMC will not share the userdata folder even if you use pathsubs. Path subs only work with specifically defined files and folders within the userdata folder. It is a very bad idea to share most things in the userdata folder, as they are device specific and contain other databases and may become corrupted.
Hi
On my previous machines I've mounted the userdata (at the os level) from a shared SMB source with no problems, but I'm not talking about this right now.
I've copied the entire userdata from one machine (windows) to one of my peripheral raspberry (same XBMC version and skin of course) but even tho the sources and library do work as expected, I'm not having the custom menu items.
Since I've copied all of the userdata folder and the custom menu items were not copied.. I was wondering where the setting are stored.
Guisettings.xml should be the place, but (I'm using Aeon Nox) I fear there is some other place?
I have copied over all the userdata folder (and sub-folders) again and I can confirm that the custom menu items are not there. Does someone know where are they stored?
guisettings.xml and/or addon_data/

Both should have copied over with your user data folder. XBMC doesn't store user configurable settings outside of the userdata folder.
I'm using Aeon Nox 4.09 on both the Windows and Raspberry machines,XBMC 12.2 on both.

I've deleted (to be sure to leave no leftover) the raspberry userdata folder and copied the XBMC/Win one there.
On my windows machine I have custom menu items (smart playlist as Custom menu item 1 and 2)
on my raspberry machine the custom menu items are not there (but the smart playlists are there available)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu Items XML location0