Black screen instead of visualisation
Hi,

The other night we had some people around for dinner and I put some music on using XBMC.

Is was good except the visualisation was so damn distracting. I'd be talking to someone and there would be this crazy light show on over their shoulder. It was pretty annoying so we turned if off.

I was thinking of changing the visualisation to fan art of something less likely to bring on an epileptic fit but in the end decided that any moving images in the background would be distracting.

So when I'm playing music through the HTPC I want to screen to just go black after X minutes.

Is this possible at the moment? If so how do I do it.
set your screensaver to black. disable 'use visualization during music'. done. this will apply to everything.

if you just want the it during music playback, set your visualization to 'none' and keep the 'use visualization during music' screensaver setting.
Where do I set the screensaver to black?

Under power saving I have 3 options:

put display to sleep when idle
shutdown function timer
Shutdown function
better to wait an hour instead of just looking around in the settings pages eh? Wink

appearance -> screensaver
I was trying both and covering all bases Smile

I'm making progress but I'm still not quite there.

If I set the screensaver to black and disable visualisation then the black screen kicks in after X minutes... unfortunately it stops the music playback as well.

If I enable visualisation and set visualisation to none then... nothing happens, but at least the music keeps playing.
OK, I worked it out.

Turn visualisation off
Set screen saver to dim
In screen saver settings change the dim level to 0%

Works perfectly!

Another problem solved. Now to try and fix the Steam addon then get the PVR working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen instead of visualisation0