• 96(current)
[Archive] Arctic
Thanks for this great skin!

I tried to slightly modified the Home screen. Since I added a custom menu point printed in letters for Playing external discs, I don't want this disc symbol on the home screen anymore. (The one next to the settings menu). How can I get rid of it? I tried to open the Home.xml in the skin folder, but I did not find any related entry.

Thank you.
This skin is one of the best for Live TV, but how to change section A with section B:

When using the skin "default": I have a problem viewing "new movies". When placed on the homescreen and selecting movies, and "new movies". i Get a list of "new movies" / recently added movies. No problem.

But when placed on the homescreen and pressing "up-keyboard-button" on the "Moives". I get a list of 10 "new movies". It states "New movies in the upper left corner". The problem is that thoose 10 movies, is not "New movies" / recently added movies? (Not the same as the above described)

What's wrong? I have just reinstalled the skin. So the settings is completely default.
I LOVE this skin, amazing work. One question though, can I reduce the opacity of the white overlay on the fanart? Its a little too white for my tastes ;-) happy to messbwith the code if required
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Incredible work on the skin, thank you jurialmunkey. My favorite by far.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to work properly, though. I downloaded the "skin.arctic-master.zip" file from your github page and it ended up ~50 MB. I thought this was strange, since most repos are like 300kB and then you install the skin from within the repo in XBMC. When I tried to "install addon from zip" within XBMC using that file, I get a "dependencies not met" error.

Please excuse me if this is totally the noobish wrong way to download your skin. I think I'm using github wrong somehow. My workaround was to simply extract the skin from your zip and manually copy it into my XBMC/addons directory. The skin works perfectly (and looks great), but I don't think it's set up for updating or any of that due to my noobish install. Is there some other way I should have done this? Thanks a lot!
This has been my favorite skin for the last few months (ever since I gave up using XPerience 1080++). Now that Beta 1 of Helix has officially been released I would like to upgrade. Can I continue using this skin? Is it "Helix ready"?

Regards,

FantasticN
(2014-11-04, 20:59)fantasticn Wrote: This has been my favorite skin for the last few months (ever since I gave up using XPerience 1080++). Now that Beta 1 of Helix has officially been released I would like to upgrade. Can I continue using this skin? Is it "Helix ready"?

Regards,

FantasticN

It is not Helix ready. There are a few bugs including broken PVR/Live TV and on-screen keyboard for starters.

That being said there are not very many skins ready for Helix currently, and of those that are none look as nice as Arctic.
(2014-11-03, 22:30)konungur Wrote: I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to work properly, though. I downloaded the "skin.arctic-master.zip" file from your github page and it ended up ~50 MB. I thought this was strange, since most repos are like 300kB and then you install the skin from within the repo in XBMC. When I tried to "install addon from zip" within XBMC using that file, I get a "dependencies not met" error.

(XBMC Gotham 13.2 only)

Unzip the skin.arctic-master.zip file on a computer, and then open up the unzipped "skin.arctic-master" folder and replace the file addon.xml with this one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27641650/addon.xml

Zip the folder again, and then from XBMC Addons - Import from zip.

(2014-11-04, 23:20)drivesoslow Wrote: It is not Helix ready. There are a few bugs including broken PVR/Live TV and on-screen keyboard for starters.

That being said there are not very many skins ready for Helix currently, and of those that are none look as nice as Arctic.

Well, now they have also released a new OpenElec-version based on Helix. And I am stuck with Gotham because of the lack of working skins (especially - of course - my favorite Arctic-skin). I can't believe it. Helix has been in development for so long and there were thousands of nightly builds for testing over the months. So it should have been possible for the skin-developers to make the necessary adjustments. However, as a user you are not allowed to complain but have to live with what is given to you and be thankful. So that is what I am - and I keep waiting...

Brgds,

FantasticN
This is a wip skin so helix compatibility may be low priority to finishing dialogs and views some skinners will wait for the end of a build cycle before updating the skin.
(2014-11-06, 09:01)ZombieRobot Wrote: This is a wip skin so helix compatibility may be low priority to finishing dialogs and views some skinners will wait for the end of a build cycle before updating the skin.

Exactly.(http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1666432)

As far as I know Arctic mk. iii is still in the works. I haven't seen anything to contradict this. Just be patient. Arctic mk. ii works great as is and, as far as I understand it, will not be updated anymore. I'm sticking to Gotham until mk. iii is out. The skin is just that great.
(2014-11-07, 21:45)Aemstel Wrote: As far as I know Arctic mk. iii is still in the works. I haven't seen anything to contradict this. Just be patient. Arctic mk. ii works great as is and, as far as I understand it, will not be updated anymore. I'm sticking to Gotham until mk. iii is out. The skin is just that great.

Hmm, why is Arctic mk ii then listed under "WIP - Work in Progress"? However, I also do not see a release of Arctic mk iii in the near future. That means I will have to try something else. Unfortunately all other interesting skins are not prepared for kodi either. So I am stuck with Gotham.

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2014-11-04, 23:20)drivesoslow Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 20:59)fantasticn Wrote: This has been my favorite skin for the last few months (ever since I gave up using XPerience 1080++). Now that Beta 1 of Helix has officially been released I would like to upgrade. Can I continue using this skin? Is it "Helix ready"?

Regards,

FantasticN

It is not Helix ready. There are a few bugs including broken PVR/Live TV and on-screen keyboard for starters.

I wish it could be updated to work on Helix. It's too bad we are going to lose such a wonderful skin.
Been using this skin for a while now, love it, thanks for the awesome work.

I wanted to make a little customization to have the Music OSD info panel on the bottom displayed all the time when music is playing and not to vanish after about 10 secs. I assume that would only require a little change in either MusicOSD.xml or MusicVisualization.xml, but I'm totally unfamiliar with skinning, help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,

I'm trying your skin, which is very beautiful.
I want to add a shortcut of the Party Mode Music in the general menu, but I don't find how ? Can you help me, or maybe it's not possible?

Thanks.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24