TV Resolution
This is not really an XBMC question but sorta related. I have XBMC installed on an older version of Ubuntu. Not XBMCBuntu. I did this so I could take advantage of the features of the OS like a Web Browser. The issue I have is that when I close XBMC to use the computer the resolution is so large (making fonts and menus tiny) that I cant read it from the couch. I just really want to be able to switch back to the computer to search for torrents or watch videos on lynda.com. It would be awesome if there was a theme for bigscreen TVs.

What are you all doing to get around this?

Thanks,

David
The easiest way is to increase the default zoom level on your browser. You could also try Kylo, it's a browser designed for TVs, although it's a but confusing to install on Linux.
yeah, I have done that when using it but the operating system UI is really what is too small to read form the couch.
As much as I hate to admit it, I might switch this machine to Windows 8. For a PC, I HATED those tiles, but now that I think about it, for a HTPC it seems useful and would be easier to navigate than what I have now.
You can change the default font sizes and stuff like that in Ubuntu, that would make everything (except XBMC) bigger.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Resolution0