live TV not working
Hello to all. I have sg2 running jellybean 4.1.2 and just discovered this xbmc app for Android a few days ago and am looking for some assistance on getting the live TV function to work. I'm a total noob at this (bare with me! lol) but I did manage to get to the point where I've added plenty of plug ins and repositories from the fusion zip file found on xbmchub.com and I've gotten most of the streams to work...My problem is that no channels pop up on the live TV tab, and I'm sure I'm missing something to get it all to work but I'm stuck. Even using the ustv now plug in the channels simply won't load after clicking on them. Sorry if this has been resolved before but again, I'm a noob with this program and it's workings so any assistance will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Also, if it helps any, the only pvr client that I could get to stick without any errors is the njoy n7 pvr client. With all others I get failed connection or similar errors...
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Neither xbmchub nor any of their offerings are affiliated with XBMC.org (these forums). Suggest you go to their site for support instead.
I only went there to get a few plug ins for the video function, I downloaded the app from this site...I'm just trying to figure out the correct steps in order to watch live TV from xbmc, I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing since this software is very new to me lol.
Did you set up a PVR server?
If you haven't done so already, please see this wiki article to learn how the Live TV/PVR function works, its prerequisites and how to set it up: PVR (wiki)
So I imagine I'd have to install tvheadend? But how to do it from my Android device, and can it be configured that way as well? Still stumped as I don't have PC access at the moment and I was under the belief that the backends came as the pvr clients in the app already. Just not seeing a download for Android backends but like I mentioned I'm sure I'm probably just overlooking or misunderstanding something.
You need a computer system with a TV tuner card installed and some sort of signal input to receive Live TV (aerial, cable or satellite service). You need to install and configure a PVR application (MythTV, MediaPortal, TVheadend, etc.) on that computer system so that it can act as a TiVo-like device. The Live TV/PVR function in XBMC is a front-end (client) interface to that PVR (backend/server) application/system.
Ahhhhh I see now, so I guess I'm just S.O.L. for the time being until I get my PC functional again with a TV tuner card installed...thanks for your help though guys! At least now I know where I was going wrong at lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live TV not working0