Any way to reduce layers in music library?
I'd like to be able to select Genre, then a specific Genre and see all tracks in the Genre, not a list of Albums or Artists which I then have to select to see only their tracks.

Likewise for Artists, once I've selected an Artist I'd like to just see a list of all their tracks, without having to go through one Album at a time.

Is there anyway to easily tweak the default views or add a couple of extra ones (Simple Genre, Simple Artist) to achieve this?
Smart playlists should do the trick.
I've never used them but I can't see how, unless you're suggesting I make one for each Genre and one for each Artist, which would be far too much work.

I just want to be able to select Genre, browse through to Rock (for example) and have a list of all tracks with that Genre to select from and likewise with Artists.
In that case, you can select the "* All albums" and/or "* All artists" options at the top of the lists to at least skip one level. For example:
  • Genre > Jazz > * All artists > * All albums -- to see a single list containing all tracks from all artists from all albums for Jazz genre
  • Artist > Miles Davis > * All albums -- to see a single list containing all tracks from all albums for Miles Davis
Thanks, I'd missed that and it helps but it's still annoying to have to drill down through these extra two layers (and of course up again if I want to go back up) to see what I want and would be much quicker and more user-friendly if I could just go

Genre > Jazz -- and see a single list containing all tracks tagged with Jazz
or
Artist > Miles Davis -- and see a single list containing all tracks tagged with Miles Davis
Just a friendly bump to ask if there's any chance of implementing what I describe above, perhaps as an additional item, such as Simple Genre, Simple Artist, rather than replacing the current items which I'm sure some people like (and which I might use myself in some circumstances)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to reduce layers in music library?0