Switch to analogue audio for music playback?
We run XBMC on a dedicated ASUS -ION mini PC which sits under the TV. I would love to use the PC's optical output to our surround sound system when watching movies, but have XBMC automatically switch the audio configuration to analogue when playing music - (the audio output goes to the hi-fi amp / speakers). At the moment we have to change the settings in XBMC / system / audio settings & then re-start XBMC, which is a bit of a pain.

Is this possibleHuh
What os? I've put together a script for openelec which will change the audio output based on whether my AVR is pingable - you could modify it change audio settings via a remote keypress. Another user put together something similar for windows.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1468716
Thanks 'teeedubb - WOW.. never dabbled with scripts etc. We're using Windows 7 version and have the microsoft universal remote with eventghost mapping the buttons.

Would really need you to explain the options in baby language for me if possible....... Sounds hopeful though? The surround sound is fine for movies, but sucks for music.

Thanks
Sorry man, I don't know enough about what's going on in the windows version to help out. Maybe you could post in the other thread and nabz could help you out. But basically you need to modify a few lines of text in guisettings.XML based on whether a lock file exists( so the script can tell if the receiver is on or off) via the command line through a batch script or similar (both versions will show you what needs to be modified). Then map that script to be executed on a remote keypress via event ghost.

EDIT: xbmc needs to be restarted after making changes to guisettings.XML too.
No worries - thanks anyway Smile

Been digging a bit further, and now think that enabling both digital and audio output at the same time might solve my issue, although it looks like I might be stuck with Eden for the patch, but that's OK with me. Never really had any problems with Eden.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch to analogue audio for music playback?0