Error: Script Failed! (In every addons)
Hi all,

I have installed XBMC without any problems, but no addon is working. I can install them correctly, bu when I try to run them they all give the same error: "Script failed!"

What is wrong?
Thanks.
Welcome to the XBMC forum.

Please post in English.

Your debug log (wiki) should provide more information as to why the add-on failed.
(2013-09-03, 19:23)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forum.

Please post in English.

Your debug log (wiki) should provide more information as to why the add-on failed.

Sorry for that, already in english.

About the log, I have followed your link, but it uses an addon wich I cannot get to work... No

Nevermind, I think I got the log, but the file is too long to copy/paste it here...

Is there a way to attach a txt file?
I got it uploaded: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=5682...1422834082
Unfortunately, this appears to be the Vista problem that has never been resolved: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159963
(2013-09-03, 20:18)artrafael Wrote: Unfortunately, this appears to be the Vista problem that has never been resolved: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159963

Well, if that is the problem, I guess the solution will have to wait...

Thanks for the answer. Then again, if there is someone out there with xmbc working fine under vista, please give a shout...
some do have it running under Vista. just in some cases it mysterious doesn't work.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-03, 20:55)ZTuga Wrote: Well, if that is the problem, I guess the solution will have to wait...
I wouldn't count on waiting for a solution.
Quote:Thanks for the answer. Then again, if there is someone out there with xmbc working fine under vista, please give a shout...
Some Vista users don't have this problem whereas others, like you, do. That's why this problem isn't likely to get resolved, since no developer using Vista has been able to reproduce it. The workaround is to install a different OS: either another Windows version or some flavor of Linux.
(2013-09-03, 21:11)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 20:55)ZTuga Wrote: Well, if that is the problem, I guess the solution will have to wait...
I wouldn't count on waiting for a solution.
Quote:Thanks for the answer. Then again, if there is someone out there with xmbc working fine under vista, please give a shout...
Some Vista users don't have this problem whereas others, like you, do. That's why this problem isn't likely to get resolved, since no developer using Vista has been able to reproduce it. The workaround is to install a different OS: either another Windows version or some flavor of Linux.

Yes, my solution will be installing a new SO, maybe upgrading to Windows7 Wink The case is it has to wait. I'm not swimming in money right now Blush
(2013-09-03, 22:02)ZTuga Wrote: I'm not swimming in money right now Blush

Linux OS solutions are free. And, of course, so is XBMC. Smile
(2013-09-03, 23:36)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:02)ZTuga Wrote: I'm not swimming in money right now Blush

Linux OS solutions are free. And, of course, so is XBMC. Smile

Most importantly you can still keep Vista if you want.Smile
You could install Openelec on a spare USB memory stick & use it to boot into XBMC whenever you want it (or unplug it and boot into Windows).
Also if you have a DVD burner you could just try Linux. You will be pleasently surprised how easy it is to install and use, and if you have anough free hard disk space you can make it dual boot and go back to Vista whenever you want.
Linux Mint Mate would be be my personal recomendation for your PC.
Some plugins don't work in gotham I am getting script failed errors even on clean setup somebody any idea ?
Me too. Nothing but Script errors.
HELP

Running xbmc on android box
I have the same issue as well on my chromebox. I am running OpenElec 5.0 on stand alone.
Did you manage to fix your issue? Don't know if it could be related but all the add-ons which failed to run properly have no folder in UserData\addon_data...
I am now running into a similar issue where non of the addons are working and i get a script fail. I thought it could have been due to the recent upgrade to Helix 14.1 i am running on standalone openelec 5.0, but I am also ru.ni.g into the same script error on my Gotham 13.2 on my Android tablet. Both cases, I can not even connect to any of my source urls when trying to install by zip. Is there a bigger issue across the board? strange that both of my systems would stop working at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: Script Failed! (In every addons)0