Having issues with "Player"
Hey Guys,
I am trying to get control from a home automation system. I have plenty of commands working such as "ExecuteAction":

GET \jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"contextmenu"}}

However the "Player" functionality doesn't work for me and I get parse errors - I have NO IDEA how to read this and there is no good documentation that actually describes how this works... would be good if an example accompanied each thing in the API.

By default subtitles turn on EVERY SINGLE TIME i watch a movie - which is really annoying. I can't seem to find out how to open the menu that allows me to change that using the API, so I figured I'd try to add a command to just turn them off.

GET \jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.SetSubtitle","params":{"playerid":"1","subtitle":"off"}}

So my questions:
  • How do I figure out what "PlayerID" to use? Can't find that anywhere
  • What am i doing wrong above to make the "movie player" stop showing subtitles?

Any and all help is truly appreciated!
(2013-09-06, 02:21)bradynapier Wrote: By default subtitles turn on EVERY SINGLE TIME i watch a movie - which is really annoying. I can't seem to find out how to open the menu that allows me to change that using the API, so I figured I'd try to add a command to just turn them off.
You can disable subtitles by default in XBMCs settings.

Quote:How do I figure out what "PlayerID" to use? Can't find that anywhere
Player.GetActivePlayers gives you the playerid.
Quote:What am i doing wrong above to make the "movie player" stop showing subtitles?
This
Code:
GET \jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.SetSubtitle","params":{"playerid":1,"subtitle":"off"}}
should work.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Thank you , that worked well - added the "id":1 so it returns with a string i can save for confirmation. Don't know how I didn't try that first - I must have been crazy! hah.

I knew that I could disable in default settings, but I use things like that to motivate me to add the commands that are missing from my control drivers. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having issues with "Player"0