Down-grade back to 12.2
I was using 12.2 Frodo build then tried the Gotham monthly build tried for a bit but realized sound was not working because it only has basic sound options in the monthly build.
So went ahead and went back to 12.2 now I'm having issues with plugins that are in need of upgrade. Says: Dependencies not met.

Is there anything I can do to repair this issue without having to wipe it clean or restore backup that is older. Unfortunately I've done a lot since last backup would rather not loose all I have done at this point.
Seems only fix is using monthly build but no sound.
it looks like you have some lingering Gotham addons in your addons directory now. when reverting to frodo, the addon checks and sees your running the wrong version of xbmc and gives you the dependancy thing.. you have 2 options. wipe (change folder name) of your addons directory, and re-download the addons in frodo. or you can try to weed out just the Gotham addons that are giving you dependancy issues, and get the frodo version of them if needed for your setup.

in the future, i would recommend copying your addons and userdata folders for backup.. and for an easier way to test new builds, i usually run xbmc in portable mode (keeps userdata inside the xbmc install folder) and have my folders labled as such:

xbmc12
xbmc12.2
xbmc13a

this keeps each version separate, and i just need to copy my good userdata folder to the new 'install' when i want to try a new version.
(2013-09-12, 18:29)safesinger Wrote: I was using 12.2 Frodo build then tried the Gotham monthly build tried for a bit but realized sound was not working because it only has basic sound options in the monthly build.
So went ahead and went back to 12.2 now I'm having issues with plugins that are in need of upgrade. Says: Dependencies not met.

Is there anything I can do to repair this issue without having to wipe it clean or restore backup that is older. Unfortunately I've done a lot since last backup would rather not loose all I have done at this point.
Seems only fix is using monthly build but no sound.

Might pay off reading the gotham faq first.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What folder in XBMC would I find Gotham files? I would also have to replace files deleted with Frodo files correct? Thank you for info and the heads up on testing out different builds. I did read the faq and knew there wouldn't be advanced options just figured sound wouldn't be an issue since it's hardware that's almost in every PC. Just looking for some help not lectures on reading. Thank you.
the sound options are all there, they are just hidden by default in the new settings system...
press left arrow in system settings(with confluence skin) and select advanced.

this is all described in the gotham FAQ, that you said you have read, didn't you?
(2013-09-12, 18:59)el_cabong Wrote: it looks like you have some lingering Gotham addons in your addons directory now. when reverting to frodo, the addon checks and sees your running the wrong version of xbmc and gives you the dependancy thing.. you have 2 options. wipe (change folder name) of your addons directory, and re-download the addons in frodo. or you can try to weed out just the Gotham addons that are giving you dependancy issues, and get the frodo version of them if needed for your setup.

There are no Gotham addons yet - Gotham is still using the Frodo addons so this can't happen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Down-grade back to 12.20