Win complete novice needs help.
Question 
Hi, I am a very new member so please excuse my complete ignorance on these matters.
I live in spain and shortly we are to lose uk tv chanells when the new satelite is brought into operation.
I have a laptop with wifi and want to play tv chanells from my laptop onto my hdtv.
I have looked at IPTV but this is not exactly legal and could be cut off at any time.
I am now looking at a quad core android tv box with xbmc. I want to watch all uk tv chanells including movies. I don`t understand how this system works. As I understand it, the tv chanells come through onto my laptop.However I want to watch them on my tv without a hdmi cable linking my laptop with my tv. How does my tv pick up the the wifi signals from my laptop.
The above questions really show just how thick I am but I hope a kind and patient person will please explain.
XBMC itself, or anyone advertising a device with XBMC installed on it, does not really provide any content itself. I don't really know anything about the UK TV market. I think there's a BBC add-on that works if you use a UK IP address, which you can do with a proxy service.

The Android set-top-boxes are basically computers themselves, so in this case it would be the box that is getting internet directly. However, I would advise against using the wifi on most Android boxes, because the wifi chips in most are limited in speed (even if they say N) and will buffer most of the time. If you really need to go wireless then I would look for an Android box that works with an USB adapter, where you could use a better quality wifi chip, or look into getting a mini PC instead of an Android box.
TV catchup is great for UK tv, but you need a UK ip address, so a proxy may be an option. Filmon also provides a lot of UK tv channels and is not worried about ip addresses, there are XBMC addons for both of these.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
complete novice needs help.0