Win TV Shows Not Appearing even with perfect naming
Hi

I am new to XBMC, but was a software developer, so I am not new to the world of IT.

I have just installed XBMC and mostly it has worked well, the iterface from a windows POV takes a little getting used to, but overall a nice product. Anyway, I have a common issue and after searching the forums, I cannot find an actual solution.

My Movies and Music all scan fine, but the TV Show's just doesn't work. I end up with one folder called "She TV" with a lot of episode of different shows in it. The thing is I am using the recommeded folder/naming convention.

Folder <TV>
Folder <True Blood>
Folder <Season 1>
File <S01E01.avi>

Yet True Blood doesn't even appear as a title. It does appear in the File Browser, as the folder name

In the log (section of it) it would seem to work okay in the first part (see below), but in my Menu I get "She TV" and under that loads of episode of all different shows with Unknown as the title.

I have no idea where the SHE TV thing comes from as TV is the directory I am pointing to.
Try adding a tvshow.nfo with a link to thetvdb series, or name the episodes True Blood S01E01.avi etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
First of all never post snippets and certainly not directly on the forum.
Secondly you set the content on the wrong folder. You need to set it on the "TV" folder and not on "media".
Change the source and try again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for replying, but I followed the wiki instructions, so I am surprised I would need to change the filenames. Also isn't the log showing it recognised the TV episode first, so it should work, shouldn't it?

I did try renaming the first two episode with the name in front and it didn't make a difference. I did a scan for new items and a update library, but nothing changed.

I will try the nfo option next.

Hi Martin

Sorry for the content snippet, I didn't know.

I did use the TV folder and not the Media folder in the original scan. Can I ask why you thought otherwise.

Cheers

R
Just to double check I did it again using the TV folder (not Media) and it made no difference.
Because that's the main St common mistake to set content on wrong folder which in turn add strange shows.
True blood works perfectly fine here so that is the only thing I can imagine. Adding a tvshow.nfo is just ridiculous as it must work without.
Just having S01E01 should work as well.
If the tvshow was recognised it had to show up in your library.

Also remove the snippets and provide a proper full log. Snippets are useless
The only thing I can add is I clicked on the option to "exlude path from library update" and then I get all the TV shows recognised with the art work, but almost no episodes underneath.

Strange
I have the following structure for the 6 Seasons of "True Blood" and it works perfectly for me:-

Folder <Television>
Folder <True Blood>

Folder <True Blood S01>
File <True Blood S01E01.avi>

Folder <True Blood S02>
File <True Blood S02E01.avi>

etc, etc, etc...
I going to give up with the TV Show part of XBMC, scanning the forums, it seems the weakest part of XBMC. There seems some fundamental problems with it, even if I specify the directory and file names exactly as recommended it doesn't seem to work.

I had mixed joy when going into the file browser and then updating without changing any names and suddenly some episode were appearing correctly, but not all of them, this shows clearly that the process is flawed. If XBMC finds that Breaking Bad is indeed Breaking Bad and downloads the artwork, how can it not reconcile S01E01 as episode 1!. I know it's not an exact science, so it will always have some difficulty, but the interface doesn't make it easy to manipulate. Could I suggest that:

1) You show some messages in the gui, such as unknown tv program, and unknown episode and allow the user to search for the correct one. In the movie interface you can go and attach the correct movie with the file name, why is that not possible in the TV section.
2) If TVDB cannot be contacted, show that and not ignore it in the gui.

Obviously I appreciate that this is a free product, but after all this development it quite disappointing that some simple fundamentals just don't work.
There is nothing wrong with TV show scraping let me assure that and certainly no fundamental flaws. I have 4 separate setups and they work without any issues.

There are hundreds of thousands of users who can get it to work.
Also you still failed to provide a proper Debug Log.
I am having/had the same problem with TV shows in XBMC. My structure is correct but every time I have done a new setup I have the problem that a whole load of shows appear in the same library folder, I then have to go to the individual show folders and refresh them.

Now I have noticed that for some shows, despite them showing the correct show name and description in the library, are not showing the individual episode titles. ONLY when I do a refresh at an episode level does it rectify this, not if I do it at a show level.

Very frustrating. Sad
(2013-09-24, 16:43)Hijinxx Wrote: Very frustrating. Sad

Frustrating indeed, because without some concrete examples of your exact folder and file names for one of these TV show and its episodes, along with a debug log (wiki) uploaded to a public paste site and the assigned URL posted here, there's no way anyone can even try to help you with your specific problem.
It would be great if you could nail this problem. I have recently moved to a single SQL Library for three XBMC clients. My File structure is e.g TV > Califorication > Season 1 > Californication 1x01 Pilot.

When I first add the parent folder to my library it would add a load of show completely correctly and then have one folder with a a whole load of shows in it, approx 1000 episodes. Like I said I would then go to the show folder and do a refresh, I thought this had sorted the problem as all shows were in there own folders but I just noticed with some shows, like californication, that the episode title and description is missing.

My TV shows and Movies are stored on a NAS Drive connected at 1Gbs.

I use Media Center Master to organize my media.

My log file is here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4708634/xbmc.log
That log file is not a debug log and is completely unreadable as well the way you've uploaded it, please use a Pastebin site such as http://xbmclogs.com for posting logs. If you at all unsure what to do then follow these instructions Log_file/Easy (wiki)
OK. Here are the logs. I removed both of my TV sources and re added one of them and again I have over 1000 episodes that it didn't detect correctly. Hope you can find something in the logs.

Thanks

Logs Part 1 http://paste2.org/9FZBxEWG
Logs Part 2 http://paste2.org/590AbZaK
Logs Part 3 http://paste2.org/8NyksCXA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Not Appearing even with perfect naming0