Linux XBMC Video Library and Music Reconciliation
Hi,
I'm running a media centre using XBMC on Linux Mint 14. I have a number of Media Sources across 6 harddrives, and the large number of content items. After loading the sources (e.g Movies > Files > Add ... etc...), after scanning for new content I'm left with a number displayed by xbmc. How would I go through and reconcile whether XBMC has actually picked up all of the content ?

One thing that I did notice while scrolling through the library was that I had a number of duplicates (across different harddrives etc..) is it possible to get a movie list with their paths so that I can go through and clean up my library ?

thanks
The Texture Cache Maintenance utility can help reconcile your media library and sources.

Use the "missing" option to identify any media that hasn't been included in your media library:
Code:
./texturecache.py missing movies source1 source2 ... sourceN

Use the "jd" option and filter on "file" to extract just the movie paths:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | grep '"file":' | sed 's/.*".*": "\(.*\)", $/\1/'
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Library and Music Reconciliation0