How can I tell if I'm compiling with libstagefright enabled or not?
I have cloned the git repository recently and compiled without any major issue.

But I found that videos playback in the xbmc internal player is extremely choppy. I am pretty sure my build does not include libstagefright support.

The official monthly snapshot from October works fine for me and hardware acceleration is clearly enabled on my device, so I believe this is not an issue on my device, but really in my build.

Here are my questions for now to try and debug the issue:

1)
- how can I tell for sure if my apk has libstagefright support? Should I see something in the output of compiling xbmc or its dependencies?

I remember seeing "libstagefright : YES" at some point in a report about "xbmc configuration" after running "make" for the first time on dependencies.
also, a grep for libstagefright gives me in my xbmc root, among other things:
Quote:config.log:configure:27569: result: enabling libstagefright
[...]
Binary file libxmbc.so matches

2) Is it possible my playback is slow because I compiled a debug version of the app? (it is really slow, I am not talking of a few frame drops, but a 5 seconds movie in 720p takes 10 seconds to play... getting, of course, in desyn with the audio)
If so, is there a way for me to compile a more "production ready" version?
Check the video player settings.
You should see something like "Allow hardware accelereration (libstagefright)" if it is compiled in.

Do not forget to change the bloody settings level to "advanced" or more.
Thanks, I confirmed I have the option, and problem solved!

Turns out I do have it enabled, and the movies seem to play "fine" (as fine as it gets on a rockchip CPU without the latest kernel, at least), I don't know why I saw the choppiness initially, but now I suspect it was because the usb drive hosting the movie files was being scanned by another program in the background while I was doing my first tests

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I tell if I'm compiling with libstagefright enabled or not?0