Updating from 4.x?
I setup an Apple TV for my parents a year or two ago, jailbroke it, got XBMC going and promptly forgot about it.

I returned recently to find that Netflix was no longer working on the box, as I suppose support for whatever outdated Netflix version is installed on it has been discontinued. XBMC is bloated and running poorly. In general, the box is in a poor state.

At this point, I'd like to do a full overhaul of the box:

I'd like to update the OS to whatever the most recent recommended iOS is for the JB community - i.e. whatever version is the newest that I can get setup on it currently, jailbroken and without needing a tethered boot.

I'd like to get Netflix updated to a version that is not only usable but preferably new & improved - which I assume would come from updating the iOS?

I think I'd like to do a clean install of XBMC and configure it using the XBMC Hub Wizard.

I'd like to install whatever new apps / hacks / features are recommended by the community

---

Now, I'd just lookup a tutorial to do the above -- but obviously, I assume you don't get many people looking to update from all the way back at 4.x. So, what's the best way to go about what I'm looking to do? Do I have to worry about SHSH blobs or any of that nonsense that I remember from last time I tried to update?
Short - there is no ios Version with untethered Jb you can update to atm (if you didn't Save shsh blobs over the Last months).

For everything Else keep in mind that we are no jb community (firecore.com is ) - also we don't do Support for xbmchub stuff...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating from 4.x?0