Scraper works fine... except for 5 titles
I had a thread at TMDB to see if an issue there, but doesn't seem the case. All my movies except 5, scrape just fine. The 5, always mess up whenever I need to rescrape my library.

THREAD at TMDB

Just wondered if anyone might know why? Seems odd it will prefer titles much more different than the original, especially with alternate titles setup on TMDB.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Perhaps because (in your first example) the movie is called 'The Day' not 'Day The'.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Same goes the other four. Put the "The" in the beginning of the filename to match the movie title.
True, but... I have "Day, The (2011)" added as an alternative title in TMDB. As well... "Day, The"... is closer to "The Day", then what does get scraped "The Day He Arrives".

You'd think the shorter "The Day" would be first. If I had both titles in a list, alphabetically Windows would sort "The Day" first and "The Day He Arrives" second.

Also, on TMDB, searching "Day, The (2011)" brings up "The Day" as the first and only hit.

(2013-10-22, 07:16)artrafael Wrote: Same goes the other four. Put the "The" in the beginning of the filename to match the movie title.

I have "The" after so the files sort better in explorer. Plus, I have about 200 other movies where "The" is placed at the end with 0 scrape issues.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
They sort in XBMC file view by ignoring The anyway.

I just tested and when named correctly The Day scrapes, when named as you have I get the same result as you.

So name them properly. I can't be bothered testing the others.

On longer titles there may be more clues in the title so the scraper or themoviedb search engine don't get confused, but 2 words may be trickier. But I am only guessing.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I understand that XBMC sorts them fine... explorer doesn't.

Was just curious why the scraper would go for a much longer title by default, than the shorter much closer title, especially when TMDB has the exact wording as an alternative title.

Especially in the cases of "The Raven", where it scrapes a French movie that doesn't even have Raven in the name... "Petit Corbeau". Same as "The Phantom", scraping "Le Coeur Fantome". Must be looking at alternative titles in TMDB.
Maybe it works with longer filenames because there's more data to work with as far as approximating ("guessing") the movie title if it can't find an exact match?
We don't know precisely why this is occurring, but we do know how to fix it. What's more we have told you at least 3 times how to fix your filenaming.
(2013-10-22, 16:50)THRobinson Wrote: I understand that XBMC sorts them fine... explorer doesn't.

Was just curious why the scraper would go for a much longer title by default, than the shorter much closer title, especially when TMDB has the exact wording as an alternative title.

Especially in the cases of "The Raven", where it scrapes a French movie that doesn't even have Raven in the name... "Petit Corbeau". Same as "The Phantom", scraping "Le Coeur Fantome". Must be looking at alternative titles in TMDB.

It all has to do with how much you can overlap the two names (sorta).

E.g. "The Day" and "Day, The" can only overlap on the "Day" (or "the") part:

"The Day, The"

Whereas:

"The Day, The Arrives"

Has more overlap.

The reasons for foreign language titles then become obvious when you see the English titles:

"Petit Corbeau" => "Raven, the Little Rascal"

"Le Coeur Fantome" => "The Phantom, THeart"

Hope that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper works fine... except for 5 titles0