Solved What is the red speaker icon (with slash) in upper right corner?
I've been a happy user for a while now, but I've recently noticed that I have a red speaker icon in the upper right hand corner with a slash through it (presumably indicating no speaker).

I have configured XBMC to go through my HDMI output on my mac mini to my AV receiver. Everything works fine. Just want to know what that icon is and how to get rid of it.

Cheers!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Press the +/= key on your keyboard repeatedly to increase volume and that'll get rid of the red speaker icon.
You probably pressed the mute button on your remote, muting the XBMC sound level.
While using passthrough audio the XBMC sound level is ignored since XBMC does not touch the audio stream, but the skin still shows the mute icon.
Cheers!
Which key on the keyboard is the mute key? This icon appeared for no apparent reason for me too.
(2013-10-20, 08:03)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Press the +/= key on your keyboard repeatedly to increase volume and that'll get rid of the red speaker icon.

I've just encountered same problem and thanks for your tip pressing +/= key, it does the trick Cool
That did not work for me. What did work is fire up the web interface. Press remote and press the mute button on the remote that comes to the screen.
I've been using a wireless logitech K400r keyboard and Sony Bluetooth Playstation3 remote for controlling my RPi-3 for some time now.
About the only issue i've had was with my PS3 remote loosing connection when batteries are failing (<1.2V) which happens every few months.
It's nothing that a battery recharge and resync of my remote to the BT adapter doesn't fix (though requires pulling out my keyboard).
I've never seen the red speaker icon since i started using XBMC/Kodi.

However, as an alternative method of control, i thought i'd try using Kore on my Samsung S6 Big Grin
It has a few issues with connectivity and dropping connection so it's something i need to work through.

On my first successful connection of the app to Kodi, it resulted in seeing the red speaker icon on the top right of the screen.
After a few moments of head scratching, the solution was to press a volume button on my phone (on the left upper side of my S6) and the icon was gone.
Odd that the volume was muted to start with but maybe i bumped the side button and muted the audio during the configuration Blush
I have sice set Kore to not adjust the volume with the side keys...
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2013-10-20, 08:03)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

lifesaver thanks !
I wondered wtf had happned to my box lol
..thanks for solution re red sound icon, you saved me from doing factory reset..happy days!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the red speaker icon (with slash) in upper right corner?2