Scraper not working on Ubuntu server
Hi

Im running Ubuntu Server 13.04 /w NFS shares from the server which will be going out to my Raspberry Pi's. Previously ive had all of my shares on a windows machine and which have been SMB shares. Ive got everything working the NFS shares work ok, i exported my old library from the windows machine and have everything updated ok on the Ubuntu server which is now feeding the Pi's the problem is when i add new content the scrapers do not seem to be operational. When it scans for a movie it picks the title up, looking at the logs it seems to try and create an NFO file but i dont think its able to save it.

The work around im using currently, is to scan the NFS shares on my windows machine. And then export the library which then the Ubuntu Server can use the data from. The images/movie information download fine from my windows machine, and they can write back to the NFS shares on the ubuntu box no problem. Then when i set a library scan to go on the ubuntu box with the exported information from the Windows machine it picks up all of the artwork/actors information.

Which leads me to think there is either an issue with the scrapers on the ubuntu box, or the scrapers are working fine and they just dont have permission to write anything to the .xbmc folder. Any tips would be welcomed i can post logs if they are needed.
scrapers don't create an nfo, thay add the movie to the database.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for clearing that up Nickr

What process is involved in downloading the movie poster and description? say if i put a new file in it scans the filename correctly identifies the film and adds it to the library but with no art/description. I think ive messed it up by exporting my library on my Windows machine, and copying it over to my ubuntu server. What i done is export the library and just ftp all of the contents onto the ubuntu server and scanned it via the NFS share.

Or am i on the wrong track again?

Cheers
Possible permission issue? Check permissions on the dir you are sharing also the flags you have set in the /etc/exports
If there is local artwork and nfo, they should be preferred to downloading over the net. Your exported data should work as local artwork and nfo.

Anything new will not have an exported nfo and artwork, so all information and artwork will be downloaded from themoviedb.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It was a permission thing, im not sure whether it was because the folders had nobody.nogroup owners or because they didnt have sufficient permissions but ive given export and the actual folders 777 permissions and its working fine. Next step is to get MYSQL working ill do some reading, thanks for the help doug/nickr its much appreciated.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper not working on Ubuntu server0