Ouya ripped bluray playback not working
OK, I'm throwing in the towel here and asking for help. I have been researching this one for quite some time now and am coming up empty. I have never been able to get this to work on my Ouya. No issues on other platforms that reference the same shared movie library.
Like many of you, I have a movies library that contains both ripped down DVD and ripped Bluray content. My rip format of choice for DVD rips is to keep them as DVD's (i.e. MPEG2 or video.ts), and my blurays get ripped down in either BD50 or BD25 format and have the standard bluray folder layout with BDMV and CERTIFICATE subfolders. I use DVDfab for ripping.
DVDs play fine.
Issue = ripped blurays don't play at all. They do show up in my recently added and artwork downloads just fine. I can't play them though. Click and nothing happens. click a few times and a message stating playback failed and to review the log for more details.

Example suspicious errors from my log are as follows:
ERROR: Unable to load libcec.so, reason: Symbol not found:
ERROR: Unable to load libbluray.so, reason: Symbol not found:
ERROR: Unable to load libbluray.so, reason: (null)
ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: nfs://192.168.2.111/volume1/Video/Movies/Monsters University (2013)/BDMV/index.bdmv

All that being said, my xbmc log is at the following location:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81172
logcat will show which symbols are not getting loaded.
"Dll libbluray.so was not found in path"
We don't ship libblueray on droid, it seems.

Note that I don't think Ouya has VC-1 H/W decoding, so your BD-RIP will probably runs as a slideshow anyway.
(2013-11-07, 13:41)Koying Wrote: "Dll libbluray.so was not found in path"
We don't ship libblueray on droid, it seems.

Note that I don't think Ouya has VC-1 H/W decoding, so your BD-RIP will probably runs as a slideshow anyway.

Does that mean XBMC on Ouya won't play rip BLuerays ever ? Or, the next XBMC version will resolve that ?
Right now, it is my only trouble with XBMC on Ouya (plus some statics with the sound but that disapear if I turn off/turn on my amplifier) and I was hoping it will go away with Gotham.

By the way, thanks Koying for SBMC Smile
Most BRs use h.264. Only some of them use VC-1.
Oh, ok. I only tried one and, bad luck, it was VC1 Wink
I'll try to find a h264 one...
(2013-11-09, 09:37)Koying Wrote: Oh, ok. I only tried one and, bad luck, it was VC1 Wink
I'll try to find a h264 one...
Open license blu-ray download @ http://www.sintel.org/news/sintel-blu-ray-iso-download/
This is a good site for Blu-Ray stats:
http://www.blu-raystats.com/Stats/Stats.php

Roughly 75% are H.264, 20% VC1 and 5% MPEG-2.
Will be solved in tomorrow's nightly.
Video 
I can get BluRay H.264 video playback but not DTS audio, AC3 audio works
Title/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts (largest file). I can get video (H.264) playback. But no DTS1 or DTS2 audio. AC3(3 to 6) audio working, but AC3 3 to 5 are foreign language steams with AC3-6 is the directors commentary.
When I try to select DTS1 or DTS2 I get a popping sound only

OUYA build number 1.0.561_rl
Software version 1.0.9
XBMC 12.3-OUYA (compiled Sep 30 2013

Any clues on getting the DTS audio working on OUYA with XBMC?

Thanks
(2013-11-12, 07:40)mlau Wrote: I can get BluRay H.264 video playback but not DTS audio, AC3 audio works
Title/BDMV/STREAM/00011.m2ts (largest file). I can get video (H.264) playback. But no DTS1 or DTS2 audio. AC3(3 to 6) audio working, but AC3 3 to 5 are foreign language steams with AC3-6 is the directors commentary.
When I tray to select DTS1 or DTS2 I get a popping sound only

OUYA build number 1.0.561_rl
Software version 1.0.9
XBMC 12.3-OUYA (compiled Sep 30 2013

Any clues on getting the DTS audio working on OUYA with XBMC?

Thanks

OUYA store versions of XBMC have DTS decoding disabled until a licensing agreement between DTS and OUYA can be reached. There's a copy floating around here somewhere of a version that still has DTS enabled, and official XBMC nightly (wiki) builds for Android still have DTS enabled.
just tried batman begins which contains vc-1 truehd and it doesn't play well using gotham beta2. I though that gotham would be able to play this Smile
(2014-03-19, 03:29)tennisbgc Wrote: just tried batman begins which contains vc-1 truehd and it doesn't play well using gotham beta2. I though that gotham would be able to play this Smile

For far only AMLogic hardware seems to support VC-1 in XBMC, as far as hardware video decoding goes.
(2014-03-19, 04:31)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 03:29)tennisbgc Wrote: just tried batman begins which contains vc-1 truehd and it doesn't play well using gotham beta2. I though that gotham would be able to play this Smile

For far only AMLogic hardware seems to support VC-1 in XBMC, as far as hardware video decoding goes.
that sucks, I hope something comes along in the near future that can. I also heard the ouya cant do mpeg2 either.
I have a sample that wont play well and it mpeg-4 avc https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtfq4p4s6rnzxk...29-001.mkv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya ripped bluray playback not working0