Problem adding tv shows
Hi folks, sorry if my english isn´t very good, i´ll try to explain the problem as well as i can.

I have a problem that is driving me crazy. I've looked at possible solutions and no way to get them to appear in the series that I add paragraph Tv Shows. The shows seem added correctly displays the name of the series but if I go to play any chapter, is empty. I tried to rename files and does not seem to do anything. At this time the format is as follows:

Band Of Brothers s01e01.avi

And tried too:

BandOfBrothers.1x01.avi
Band.of.brothers.101.avi

And more combinations. I would appreciate someone telling me what is the correct format to rename the FileBot or if you think of what the problem is there. If you need more info or I can find it somewhere, I'd be delighted this problem is driving me crazy!!

Thanks a lot!!
Fetched from the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...le_episode

"XBMC requires each TV show to be in its own folder, and for each file to contain a pattern from which XBMC can determine the season and episode number (e.g. "S01E01")."

for single episodes you can use many combinations like:
band.of.brothers.s01e01.ext
band.of.brothers.s1e1.ext
band.of.brothers.s01.e01.ext
band.of.brothers.s01_e01.ext
band.of.brothers.1x01.ext
band.of.brothers101.ext
Band Of Brothers s01e01.avi should work but try S01E01Band Of Brothers .avi. It might be case sensitive. Remember to scan for new content too.
Did you place all those episode files in a folder named Band of Brothers ?
Spinnaker i tried this but had same result.
Artrafael yes, this is the directory structure:

/media/BOFHMEDIA-1/Series/Band Of Brothers/Season 1/Band Of Brothers.S01E01.avi

Any clues?¿?, please this´s driving my crazy.

Thanks!

Could anybody show me his directory structure and name of files for Tv Shows?.....i´ll try to get the same episode and try your way to see if it works.

Thanks!
//media/usbhd-sdb1/tv_stuff/The Walking Dead/Season 1/The Walking Dead - S01E01 - Days Gone Bye.avi

HTH
Ok, i´ll give it a try...
3500 + Episodes in this convention.

Delete the TV show in xbmc also any exported files (nfo) If you did that.

I know for a fact it will work if you follow these steps :

Band.Of.Brothers.S01E01.Currahee.ext

(Episode name is not required but for organize)

Also recheck the database your using.thetvdb.com. I will post a screenshot if you need it...

Everything is the same.....i don't believe this......i tried to put the name of entire show directory like you, in the format of the screenshot, and even delete the source media "Series", copy it to another directory, add source and the same result.

What kind of info, or log file or something like that need to help me??

Thanks a lot in advance, but i could see any way to solve this Sad
@MSingh

Its a sure way to get things working, however pay attention to the period/hyphen/undescore delimiters after the Season_#Episode#

for e.g.

Code:
Show.name.S01E01.tittle.ext

When tittle has numbers (if you use tittle) it may confuse with multipart episodes and scrape wrong info

So best is a space as delimiter in these cases like

Code:
Show.name.S01E01 tittle.ext

Otherwise I do same thing as you.
I saw xbmc.log but nothing refers to this error.....
You need to turn on Debug logging in setup.
Not only turn on debug log on but go through steps and pastebin the dammed thing, unless your an expert on xbmc logs and never make mistakes a fresh pair of eyes alwys helps.
(2013-11-08, 19:28)uNiversal Wrote: @MSingh

Its a sure way to get things working, however pay attention to the period/hyphen/undescore delimiters after the Season_#Episode#

for e.g.

Code:
Show.name.S01E01.tittle.ext

When tittle has numbers (if you use tittle) it may confuse with multipart episodes and scrape wrong info

So best is a space as delimiter in these cases like

Code:
Show.name.S01E01 tittle.ext

Otherwise I do same thing as you.

Yeah few years ago ran into a issue with a episode started with a #, believe it was a three stooges episode..

@ Rustybofh I'll screenshot how to source TV show later.. Or look under the xbmc wiki.
Ok @MSingh thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem adding tv shows0