Advanced Settings - Log Level
Hi

I am running Frodo on a couple of ATV2.

I have read the wiki on log file but am unsure if what I have done is correct.

I have currently have this:-

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>10485760</cachemembuffersize>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<imagesres>720</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

I want XBMC to generate debugging information all the time but not to show the text in the top left corner.

Please can someone with the right knowledge advise if my loglevel setting above achieve this?

How would I know if loglevel should be nested under something else like <cachemembuffersize> is nested under <network>?

I am assuming that I am using the correct terminology here for you guys.
Specifying <loglevel> in advancesettings.xml will enable debug logging and not display the CPU, fps, etc. stats on the top-left of the display. If you specify hide="false" you can still access the radio button in System/Settings > System > Debug logging to toggle the display of the stats on/off.

<loglevel> is standalone and not nested within some other section in advancedsettings.xml.
Thank you for the complete answer.

In summary, it is doing what I want it to do then and I also have the option of viewing stats on screen.

By toggling the button in Settings, will this change the loglevel to 2 in the advancedsettings.xml?

If not, will the stats automatically be switched off again on closing XBMC and reopening
What you have is correct. <loglevel>1</loglevel> will make a log without showing the text on screen.
Thank you Ned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Settings - Log Level0