Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2018-11-21, 19:00)dabinn Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 14:00)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 13:53)dabinn Wrote: Hi,
Does anyone here encounter an issue that subtitle didn't loaded with the video? It happened to me recently, and everytime it happened, the video needs to be re-open many times to make the subtitle show up. I also heard of 2 friends have the same issue.

Newer versions of the plugin reduce the timer between starting video and playback of video. That affects the subtitles success on loading. It was another user's ask in order to make subtitles work on 17.3 . It also makes videos playback faster.

Provide details on version of plugin, version of kodi, etc, if you want further assistance.       
 After modifying some code, it seems all issues listed in my last post are fixed.
Test many times with PC and android phone, both 3G network and wifi, all load subtitle without fail.
'Next file' and 'playlist interface while playing, select another file to play' issue also fixed.
--------
update:
After more experiences, I found :
* The root cause should be: the 1000ms waiting time inside "while not (KODI and player.isPlaying())" was not triggered when the player was already 'Playing'.
* More the waiting time, more stable. And the waiting time does not affect video loading speed, it just affects when the subtitle appears. 
* Some small files seems takes longer while loading (KODI try to cache them?), and need longer waiting time.
--------
Finally:
Remove all waiting time and use player.playStatus to replacec player.isPlaying(), now the subtitle loading is very accurate.
Download modified engine.py here: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FVFxN3...5B0jMtBjs-
(If the link failed to open, copy the link and paste to the browser) 

Thank you for the code change.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2018-11-28, 23:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12