How to configure audio/subtitle preferences for MKV?
Ok, seeing I still haven't been able to figure out how exactly to do this, I'm just going to ask. What I want is pretty much for it to default to the first non-english audio stream and english subtitles, if combination exists, and use the first english audio stream without subtitles otherwise. Is there a way to tell xbmc to do this? Thanks!
Try this awesome add-on: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153783
(2013-11-13, 06:06)Ned Scott Wrote: Try this awesome add-on: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153783

Thanks heaps for the link! This may just do what I want. Getting this add-on now and having a closer look.

Edit: Thanks again, add-on is now permanently enabled. Unfortunately doesn't work for all my files, as the first English subtitle track isn't always the one I need, but I guess there's not much that can be done about it (unless the description can be considered, which I may bring up in the add-on thread), but this is heaps better than what I seem to be able to do in the XBMC settings. While I can see a few issues with my setup, it should pretty much do what I want it to do now, having all relevant foreign languages set with a higher priority than English, with English subtitles enabled, and having English subtitles disabled for English audio. Sweet!
Just push the subtitle button on your remote and it'll cycle through them without that annoying series of dialog boxes and OSD to change them via the audio menu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-13, 11:12)nickr Wrote: Just push the subtitle button on your remote and it'll cycle through them without that annoying series of dialog boxes and OSD to change them via the audio menu.

I guess it's about time to look into how to program one onto my mce remote. Undecided That said, is there a subtitle button on the xbmc remote app?
You need to map key_t to a button. Not sure about xbmc remote. If I use android I use yatse.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to configure audio/subtitle preferences for MKV?0