Display video titles nopt sorting by name
I am displaying my TV Shows titles in the library using the sort by title feature. The name of the show is The Beverly Hillbillies but it is displaying at the top of the list. Shows are sorting just fine in Windows.

I tried to edit the title to be sure there was no space in front of the title. There is no space. in front of The in the title.

If I rename The to something like GGG then the show is sorted in the proper place but as soon as I rename back to The, the show goes to the top of the list where is is not sorted properly.
It's sorting by B, not by The. It ignores "the" and similar articles for sorting. There's a setting for this: settings > Appearance > File Lists.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
Now that you mention it, I am seeing the pattern now. I don't have enough videos yet to make it stand out. Thanks!
You're welcome. Smile It does stand out more when there are fewer items. I noticed this when I added a small "travel library" to my laptop yesterday. Only 7 or 8 movies, and with a few of them starting with "The" it looks like they aren't sorted at all. I'm considering turning that off for that computer unless / until I put more stuff in that library so that it looks "right".
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display video titles nopt sorting by name0